Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sandmann79's Browser Launcher aka Closing an external window from a remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found Sandmann79's browser launcher and it does exactly what I want it to. The only problem is when I'm done displaying the chosen website, how do I close that browser window?  I control KODI with ELAN using json commands so there is no other program running to interpret those commands. Does there have to be? Like I said, everything works perfectly except I can't close the darn window without hunting down a keyboard and pressing alt-f4
Once the browser is opened, the command & control is through whatever the browser allows (Alt + f then x might work), older versions seemed to have shortcut keys, but to-days variety doesn't want to exit, no idea if there is some shortcut; you might want to check support for the browser in question.
Under Windows I do everything through EventGhost. A really powerful solution for remote use.
Thanks, guys. I gave up event ghost a long time ago after writing all of the JSON commands for control. I had a feeling that might be my only option, but was hoping that wasn't the case. It's fine, I'll dust off my EG knowledge and get it done