Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can you add a watched status to folders in file mode (rather than in video mode)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there.

I have a number of old files that, for one reason or another, cannot be scraped into Kodi.

As such, I just watch them via file mode - i.e. I just go to videos and find the folder.

When I have watched each of the videos, I get a tick by the file name but when I have watched all of them I do not get a tick on the parent folder.

Is there a mod to force this to happen?
The watched status is kept with the .nfo as per file HOW-TO:Modify automatic watch and resume points (wiki) not as parent folder or source. You can exclude sources in the source settings. and knock out sub folders with the recursive flag in the scraper.
(2022-02-07, 23:37)elsmandino Wrote: [ -> ]I just watch them via file mode
You get much more flexibility with a fully functioning library. Smart playlists & nodes make fast work of many parameters based on a simple set of rules.
Thanks for this - so it is possible to add a video folder to the TV Shows library without actually scraping it with anything (i.e. no art or anything, just the original file names)?

By way of background, I have a load of TV Shows that I have recorded over the years - they are a real mess and just dumped in a folder called "TV Shows".

Some of the shows are too obscure to be picked up the scrapers and there are no years on any of the folders.

I do not plan on keeping any of the videos, so I have not gone through to tidy them up - I just watch them and then delete them.

What I cannot do is just a regular scrape as I get loads of programs that are incorrectly listed - e.g. I have a folder called "Worzel Gummidge" and it has all the basic episode information in that folder (E2S1 etc).  The show is the recent remake.

As there is no year on the folder, Kodi will just assume that it was the original version of Worzel Gummidge and start giving incorrect episode information.
(2022-02-08, 11:25)elsmandino Wrote: [ -> ]so it is possible to add a video folder to the TV Shows library without actually scraping
Sure of course in the independent source (not nested) specify , set content for 'none' & 'exclude from scans' you will still get a source icon in file mode, click and play.
(2022-02-08, 11:25)elsmandino Wrote: [ -> ]they are a real mess and just dumped in a folder called "TV Shows".
Include good naming for organization, perhaps throw in a poster.jpg and don't put them in the same source as any library items. Might want to start making sub folders (with icons) to better organize. If you want to entertain a library and get some of the benefits of 'search' etc. look around for a .nfo pseudo scraper which makes an .nfo using only the file name. Excluding individual folders from scanning can be accomplished with period in front of the word e.g. .nomedia

My suggestion at this point is to keep a small nicely configured library via the Kodi wiki rules, and over time press yourself to construct a framework that works for you. From what you've told me, I don't see a library manager here is much use, and stand-alone players would suffice.