Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: I’m stuck…..Using an MCE remote control with Kodi  in Windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have Kodi installed on my Windows 10 PC, and I want to use the MCE remote control in the same way that it works with my RasPi and libreELEC.

My remote control is the Microsoft version of the remote control and has buttons that allow you to access recorded TV, guide etc. all of this works fine on RasPi and libreELEC but not in Windows.

I’ve read a few bits and pieces on forums and tried to follow them, but I tend to get lost as the link send you off in all different directions across the web.

Has anybody had the same issue and can anybody help me with the key mapping process.

Thanks
Did you start with this section of the WIKI?

https://kodi.wiki/view/Using_an_MCE_remo...in_Windows

Be sure to open the links to other topics on this page.
Yes. This is the page I went to and then followed the links. But I could only see instructions to configure the keyboard.xml and it just wasn’t clear to me. It’s probably me but I tried for a good hour and just couldn’t get anything to function.
Use the mceremote add-on in the program add-ons section

The default setting does a pretty good job, it also has an editor where you can tell the remote to emulate kodi,s keyboard shortcuts to fine tune what you want the remote to do.