Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No audio when playing music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a problem, started when I updated to the latest Kodi version (v19.3), no audio is played when playing music.
Everything is fine when watching a movie (either with Kodi player or MPC-HC).

Any help will be appreciated,
Log file is pasted here.

Thank you
You have defined special settings for your audio output in advancedsettings.xml, many of which might be deprecated or even detrimental. I suggest you remove the whole section <audio> ... </audio> and try again after restarting Kodi.
(2022-02-11, 14:31)HeresJohnny Wrote: [ -> ]You have defined special settings for your audio output in advancedsettings.xml, many of which might be deprecated or even detrimental. I suggest you remove the whole section <audio> ... </audio> and try again after restarting Kodi.

Deleting the audio section in advancedsettings didn't help.
BTW, these were taken from the Kodi wiki, regardless I deleted them, still no audio.
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
(2022-02-11, 16:08)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
Trying to solve this problem I removed all addons from my system, so I don't know which addon you refer to
All the ones highlighted in orange in your log. This also includes any banned repos.

xml:

script.exodusredux.artwork
script.exodusredux.metadata
script.module.exodusredux
script.module.thecrew
script.thecrew.artwork
script.thecrew.metadata

Also, while you are getting a fresh debug log, could you turn off anything that updates your libraries on start and enable component-specific logging for the audio component.

Thanks.
(2022-02-11, 16:29)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]All the ones highlighted in orange in your log. This also includes any banned repos.

xml:

script.exodusredux.artwork
script.exodusredux.metadata
script.module.exodusredux
script.module.thecrew
script.thecrew.artwork
script.thecrew.metadata

Also, while you are getting a fresh debug log, could you turn off anything that updates your libraries on start and enable component-specific logging for the audio component.

Thanks.
I don't have these on my system anymore, so I cannot remove what I do not have.
I looked at My Addons->All there's nothing there but the default. Also in repo addons there is only Kodi default repo.
I saw some exodus & crew files in the APPDATA folder and deleted them too, but that's all I can do.

Here is the new log
You missed a couple of them orange crew ones...
(2022-02-11, 17:40)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]You missed a couple of them orange crew ones...

Again, I cannot delete what I do not have, if you have a solution how to delete a ghost I'm open to hear.
I attach a pic of my addons:

(2022-02-11, 18:31)Clonimus74 Wrote: [ -> ]Again, I cannot delete what I do not have
The log says something is there.

(2022-02-11, 18:31)Clonimus74 Wrote: [ -> ]if you have a solution how to delete a ghost I'm open to hear.
Dive into your kodi profile folder, find the addons folder and look for the problem entries. Cleaning out a Kodi setup is not made easy by such 3rd party crap piracy add-ons.
Alternatively, rename the profile folder, restart Kodi for a clean setup, do not install any add-ons, and see if the problem persists.
(2022-02-11, 19:09)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-02-11, 18:31)Clonimus74 Wrote: [ -> ]Again, I cannot delete what I do not have
The log says something is there.
(2022-02-11, 18:31)Clonimus74 Wrote: [ -> ]if you have a solution how to delete a ghost I'm open to hear.
Dive into your kodi profile folder, find the addons folder and look for the problem entries. Cleaning out a Kodi setup is not made easy by such 3rd party crap piracy add-ons.
Alternatively, rename the profile folder, restart Kodi for a clean setup, do not install any add-ons, and see if the problem persists.
I did something else, I deleted the addon folder (as clean install will make me loose my library information and that is out of the question)
Hope this will be enough as it is getting ridiculous.

here is the latest log
Yup, much better now. A clean log and debug-enabled. It's how we like them.
(2022-02-11, 21:16)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Yup, much better now. A clean log and debug-enabled. It's how we like them.
And that clean log doesn't shed any light on my problem?
Getting rid of bad add-ons serves two things: they are against Kodi policy, and some of them are known troublemakers in Kodi core stability.

Kodi is also one of those applications where not many people know "everything". So sometimes it takes a little longer for someone else comes along with the solution. For example, I'm not a Windows guy on settings or hardware. Not to mention also that every volunteer on this forum also has a personal life, it's a not a 24/7 or 9-5 job. So kindly have a little patience.
Can anyone help on this matterHuh