Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TMDB Python bad / illegal URL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm having issues with refreshing movie info when selecting different entry from the list.

Latest Kodi 19.3 on Win10. Movies stored on SMB share. Using MySQL DB, but not shared (I'm the single user).

I have configured Universal scraper for the root movies folder. But for foreign language movies I prefer TMDB Python scraper. The workflow is following:
  • new movie added.
  • library update picks it up, and successfully scrapes with Universal scraper.
  • I go to Videos/files, select "change content", choose TMDB Python, and movie is scraped successfully as well.
  • If the scraper picks up wrong movie, I open movie information, choose "Refresh", then from the presented list of found movies I choose the right one.
  • No data is downloaded for the movie. Error log shows the following:
ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL(3)
ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 0 for {"tmdb": "61139"}:

The movie with this ID definitely exists on TMDB site.

Now the weird part: after all this happens, I try refreshing information again, choose any movie from presented list, and I get no info and same error. Even with the "incorrect" movie, which was successfully scraped in the beginning by TMDB Python. The only way to get out of this loop is choose another scraper for this folder. If I get back to TMDB Python, I get no data again.

Debug log https://paste.kodi.tv/luhokanuno.kodi
@radioalarm

I cannot see why the URL would be corrupted. I can't replicate the issue at all and that movie scraped correctly for me switching between the two scrapers.
I do note some other errors, probably related. Can I assume you have had UMS installed on your current setup for a few years at least?

There seem to be a lot of outdated settings being searched for, so lets clear them out. (this won't affect your library)
Exit Kodi
Go to your \Userdata\addon_data\metadata.universal folder.
Delete the settings.xml file.
Start Kodi and the file will be recreated with default settings.
If you changed the default settings in Settings>Addons, you will need to re-create those settings.
Go back to your Source, change scraper away from Universal scraper. Then go back and change back to Universal again. Adjust your settings if you need.
Try scraping again. Any problems?

Also, you should move your foreign movies into another folder which is set to use TMDB, and save yourself the constant switching between scrapers, which seems like an annoying workflow.

Also you have a heap of errors related to your audio setup. Make sure your audio drivers in Windows are correctly set up...

Not sure exactly what's going on , as first I see
Code:
[metadata.themoviedb.org.python]: Find movie with title 'Бумер 2' from year 'None'
and that returns a movie list, but then I see
Code:
VideoInfoScanner: Fetching url '{"tmdb": "61139"}' using Universal Movie Scraper scraper (content: 'movies')

When I do it, I still am using
Code:
 VideoInfoScanner: Fetching url '{"tmdb": "61139"}' using The Movie Database Python scraper (content: 'movies')
which correctly executes. 
Code:
Calling URL "https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/61139?api_key=f090bb54758cabf231fb605d3e3e0468&language=ru-RU&append_to_response=trailers%2Cimages%2Creleases%2Ccasts%2Ckeywords"

but that's using local sqlite db.  Maybe the path table is messed up in OP's MysVideos119.db on MySQL?

scott s.
This is an old installation of Kodi, probably upgraded 17->18->19 over the years.

I tried removing settings.xml from both UMS and TMDB scrapers, but they are not recreated. In Kodi the "configuration" button for addons is greyed out. Am I doing something wrong?

Re: sound errors - this is probably due to the fact that log was taken when I connected to PC with remote desktop. I have no issues with sound during playback.
(2022-02-13, 13:51)radioalarm Wrote: [ -> ]I tried removing settings.xml from both UMS and TMDB scrapers, but they are not recreated. In Kodi the "configuration" button for addons is greyed out. Am I doing something wrong?
Oops, my mistake, wrong folder.

Deleted files, switched scrapers TMDB->UMS->TMDB - same result. The first time TMDB gets info for the wrong movie, but when I try to correct it - bad URL error.
(2022-02-13, 03:45)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure exactly what's going on , as first I see

Code:
[metadata.themoviedb.org.python]: Find movie with title 'Бумер 2' from year 'None'
and that returns a movie list, but then I see

Code:
VideoInfoScanner: Fetching url '{"tmdb": "61139"}' using Universal Movie Scraper scraper (content: 'movies')

When I do it, I still am using

Code:
 VideoInfoScanner: Fetching url '{"tmdb": "61139"}' using The Movie Database Python scraper (content: 'movies')
which correctly executes. 

Code:
Calling URL "https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/61139?api_key=f090bb54758cabf231fb605d3e3e0468&language=ru-RU&append_to_response=trailers%2Cimages%2Creleases%2Ccasts%2Ckeywords"

but that's using local sqlite db.  Maybe the path table is messed up in OP's MysVideos119.db on MySQL?

scott s.

Good catch Wink Yes, it seems that after selecting a movie, Kodi falls back to UMS instead of TMDB, and fails (probably because of parameter differences).
I tested it on another PC with fresh install and local DB - exactly same behaviour. So it seems like a bug in scraper.

Can you test it with the workflow I initially described? Scrape with UMS -> switch to TMDB Python -> try to refresh and choose another movie. I think you will get the same results.