Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Lock prefrences for smb only one Disk. Kodi asking for Password on 1 of 4 disk.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have seen similar questions like this but not with this problem. 

I have a computer that i only use for media sharing with windows 10. My set up is a Nvidia shield next to my 2 TvConfused and android tablets and phones with Kodi 19.3. This week i upgraded one of my Hdd in the computer to o 8tb disk.  All my disk appears in kodi media-library like before.  Im able to brows all the 3 old disks but when i go to the new disk it asks says (Lock Preferences for SMB://192.168.1.13/f) F: is my new HDD. 
when i type the login and Password nothing happens.  Its the same on both Shield and tablets and phones.

I only have this problem with the new disk, not the old ones. Everything else works as it should.  

I have tried everything that comes up when i google it. 
  • I had to set the file sharing connections from 128 bit to 40-50 bit. AFTV see all my files now and doesn't ask for SMB lock preferences.
  • I have password protected sharing off
  • SMB different level 1-3 
  • And what ells that comes up
  • removed all other disk than F: didn't work.
So what could be the problem? is it that kodi dont manage 8TB disk ? Do i need to make some settings on the HDD? 

I installed PLEX and added F: and it worked all good. so the problem seems to be in Kodi. I also installed Kodi on the computer and added f: and it worked. 

I cant find the problem. Pleas help im going crazy.
(2022-02-16, 13:06)Acke Wrote: [ -> ]I have password protected sharing off
SMBv2+ requires full credentials including a password, so I would focus on that. Unless you want to continue with a security-failing SMBv1.

(2022-02-16, 13:06)Acke Wrote: [ -> ]So what could be the problem? is it that kodi dont manage 8TB disk ? Do i need to make some settings on the HDD? 
The 8TB drive is just another network drive for Kodi. If there is a problem providing access, then it'll be on the Windows computer IMO.
Try adding a new "Add network location..", with all the correct credentials. That normally works.