Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 4k tv box searching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys

I need your help to find a tv box that fits my needs:

- kodi streaming 4k movie from external hdd (through usb)
- iptv
- vpn
- netflix 4k
- prime video

I've a (old) Tronsmart Vega S95 Meta (support 4k) but with 4k movies the images are darker than the originals. I have read all the various posts that help to choose the right box, but I'm a newbie and i would an advice from those who are more experienced than me. I'm sure you can help me.
Thank you
Just a FYI: VPNs usually work on the running OS, and Kodi is just another application.
Also there is our VPN policy (wiki) on this forum, indicating that Kodi by itself does not require a VPN to run properly.
(2022-02-17, 13:54)stevehardy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys

- iptv
- vpn
- netflix 4k
- prime video

I've a (old) Tronsmart Vega S95 Meta (support 4k) but with 4k movies the images are darker than the originals. I have read all the various posts that help to choose the right box, but I'm a newbie and i would an advice from those who are more experienced than me. I'm sure you can help me.
Thank you
Netflix 4k means probably that your only option is Nvidia Shield.
(2022-02-18, 02:26)mulderfox Wrote: [ -> ]

- iptv
- vpn
- netflix 4k
- prime video

Thank you
Netflix 4k means probably that your only option is Nvidia Shield.
Yes - 4K Netflix + USB storage narrows the field to basically the Shield TV I think.

- iptv
- vpn
- netflix 4k
- prime video

Thank you

Alternatively, if you have a smart tv from the last few years, you have Netflix with 4k support as a built in (or installable) app on it. Means that you separate your use (like I do) between TV for over-the-air and cable content, and Netflix 4k, and the streamer for any other streamed content.
(2022-02-19, 14:16)mulderfox Wrote: [ -> ]

- iptv
- vpn
- netflix 4k
- prime video

Thank you

Alternatively, if you have a smart tv from the last few years, you have Netflix with 4k support as a built in (or installable) app on it. Means that you separate your use (like I do) between TV for over-the-air and cable content, and Netflix 4k, and the streamer for any other streamed content.
Totally agree with Mulderfox........  The newer smart TVs are getting better SoCs, so they are much faster than the older smart TVs.  
My medium priced Vizio TV has a fast interface, not sluggish at all.  It supports all the HD audio codecs passthrough via eARC, so you can get Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD MA, etc.  The video has automatic framerate and resolution switching per app.

So, I use the TV for my internet streaming apps most of the time.....  But have several external devices that I use for Kodi, etc.