Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable to cast from my pc to my xboxone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running Kodi 19.3 and I can cast a movie that is physically on my hard drive when I right-click on the video and select play using and then my Xbox and it plays fine. But if I do this on a movie I want to stream it does nothing. I can also start the movie and hit the "y" key and then select my xbox and the movie quits playing. Does anyone have any suggestions, please?
(2022-02-18, 01:18)iowatheoutdoorsman Wrote: [ -> ]But if I do this on a movie I want to stream it does nothing.

The word "stream" is quite popular these days, but it does not say how a video is being sent over.
How is your movie stream working on your setup?
If I look up a tv show or movie and find it I just click on it and it will play on my PC. So Kodi is working fine as far as I know on my PC. Now if I try to send it to my Xbox by either right click and use the play using and select my Xbox it will not play. I am new to kodi so maybe there is something else you need to know. I guess my definition of streaming is when you try to play a video that is online.
Also this is just Kodi and no add-ons at this point.
Why the need to cast from your PC to Xbox when you play it directly on your Xbox One?
(2022-02-18, 16:52)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Why the need to cast from your PC to Xbox when you play it directly on your Xbox One?

In my head for some reason I thought it would work better on my PC then install on the Xbox and I wanted to be able to cast it to my other two TV's. Can I cast from the Xbox to my other TV? Both are on my network.