Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Show Cover issue when setting up mysql
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Folks,
I just setup mySQL for a shared database. When I scrapped in the shows, 2 show for some reason just show folders as there icon and are not sorted by there title. I setup a local version oh kodi and scrapped the same sources and it did not have this issue. These are all scrapped from media and artwork that is stored locally, none of them are using metadata scrappers. I tried deleting the episode guide line which has solved other issues with shows, but this seems to be a different problem all together. Any insight is greatly appreciated. The shows in questions are "Star Trek TNG", and "Vikings".

Select the information page of the TV shows and see if something is "off". There shouldn't be a difference between local or remote databases. A database simply stores text and metadata. If there was a real problem, most if not all the posters would not be displayed. You could try and manually refresh the two tv shows, and/or manually choose new fanart items.

PS: it is "scraped", not "scrapped". Scraping (to scrape) is like skimming data off the big IMDB pile. Scrapping is usually associated with metal things like cars. :o)
My english "in typing" is still a work in progress..

As for the TV Shows, I started the system up today, and it "the problem" has spread..

Here is what it looks like when i open the show which is missing information.

Here is the local non-sql kodi of the same show.

I am not sure what to look at now..
Also from what I am seeing the shows in questions are all from the same source drive. I looked at the server logs and did not see any issue with the drive, i.e. smart errors, or other hardware issues.

As for manually updating it, the system that these are going to be on is offline, and I can use only the exported local information. I tried to update from that, but no change.
(2022-02-19, 20:50)TemporalBurn Wrote: [ -> ]As for the TV Shows, I started the system up today, and it "the problem" has spread..

That's a little weird. Perhaps @Karellen can shed some light on the problem.
Thanks @Klojum I hesitate because of the MySQL use.

Disappearing artwork usually means that the local artwork that was initially scanned into Kodi is no longer available, and the 24 hour artwork check is dropping the cached image shortly after they are viewed on screen.

For missing info, it could be a number of reasons. Bad nfo files, bad scrape, but it will be something MySQL related, as the default db does not have this issue.

Best to start off with a Debug Log that captures an update library. Remove Buffy from your library, and rescan it and provide the Debug Log that captures that.