Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Suspending v10.0.1 (libreelec on Intel) with Flirc remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have Kodi 9.x.x (libreelec) running, controlled by a Harmony/Flirc combo. I'vre mapped the power button to CTRL-F12 and can suspend using the following /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/keymap.xml:

Code:

<keymap>
        <global>
                <keyboard>
                        <f12 mod="ctrl">XBMC.Suspend()</f12>
                </keyboard>
        </global>
</keymap>

Got an identical box running v10.0.1 (also libreelec). If I transfer the Flirc over to it and use the same keymap file, no-go. 

The page at List of Built-in Functions seems to suggest just "suspend" (rather than "XBMC.Suspend()") should work, but also no deal.

Am I missing something for v10.x.x?

Thanks.
(2022-02-20, 23:36)scaesare Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, should really go under Linux, I expect...

There is a grey area regarding Linux and devices. Linux has so many flavors on its own.

Regarding your LibreELEC, I think that the XBMC. prefix is no longer used in Kodi 19, so remove it and try again.
(2022-02-20, 23:43)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-02-20, 23:36)scaesare Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, should really go under Linux, I expect...

There is a grey area regarding Linux and devices. Linux has so many flavors on its own.

Regarding your LibreELEC, I think that the XBMC. prefix is no longer used in Kodi 19, so remove it and try again.

Thanks... as I mentioned in the original post:
Quote:The page at List of Built-in Functions seems to suggest just "suspend" (rather than "XBMC.Suspend()") should work, but also no deal.
I tried just "Suspend", and no deal. Are you suggesting "Suspend()"' with the parens?
(2022-02-21, 01:06)scaesare Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-02-20, 23:43)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks... as I mentioned in the original post:
Quote:The page at List of Built-in Functions seems to suggest just "suspend" (rather than "XBMC.Suspend()") should work, but also no deal.
I tried just "Suspend", and no deal. Are you suggesting "Suspend()"' with the parens?

I just tried "Suspend()" with the parens, and similarly no deal.

(As an interesting aside, I've also tried "CTRL+F12" via the keyboard, and that doesn't suspend either box... including my v9 setup for which the above keymap does suspend via remote... so clearly there's something about this I don't understand....)
So... it turns out the issue was actually THIS separate section in the keymap.xml file between the <keymap></keymap> tags:

xml:

<FullscreenVideo>
                <keyboard>
                        <backspace>Stop</backspace>
                </keyboaord>
        </FullscreenVideo>

Once I removed that, the "Supend" (rather than XBMC.Suspend) worked fine.

So now to figure out why that FullScreen video section didn't work....
And it appears because in Matrix the section name doesn't use caps, it's "fullscreenvideo" as per the keymap.xml  docs.