Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Matrix: worst performance once advancedsettings point to MariaDB on Synology NAS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need your help - I'm struggling with syncing my library via MariaDB. my setup was running smoothly for years until NVIDIA messed everything up with their update and now I'm not able to get my MariaDB setup up and running again. Would be awesome if someone would maybe have an idea what I could try next to get it working again

my setup until now:
- Synology NAS Diskstation DS916+
- Windows 10 PC
- 1x Nvidia Shield (2017)
- 1x Nvidia Shield TV (2019 - Tube)
- all running Kodi Krypton v17.6 synced via MariaDB5 (on my Diskstation) and SMB Shares

after the gruesome NVIDIA Shield update nothing was working anymore so I decided to start from scratch and I also thought updating KODI wouldn't hurt (I did hold on to Krypton for so long because of GRID. Which I still think is the most awesome skin for Kodi ever built...) 

I have upgraded all my clients to Kodi Matrix v19.3 and also installed MariaDB10 on my Synology NAS (since I thought I'll also upgrade DSM to v7 if I'm already in upgrade mode... which I have not done yet). Adding shares on my Windows 10 PC was not an issue at all, everything works fine, connections are there, but as soon as I'm trying to sync my clients via MariaDB 5 or MariaDB 10 (I now have both instances installed, because for now as a workaround I'm still using MariaDB5 and 2 older Mi TV Boxes that are still running Krypton 17.6 until I have solved the Matrix setup. And so I tried it with port 3306/MDB5 and also port 3307/MDB10). But in both cases KODI is slow as hell. New databases get created and the connections are there, but I have to wait more than 30 seconds until the page gets loaded und even more until the thumbnails show up. Playing a file does actually work, but again it takes about 60 seconds from hitting the play button until it actually starts to play. Even stopping a video takes more than half a minute until the video is gone. Even selecting "Setup" (any actions that are not related to my library) take multiple seconds

So to sum it up - SMB shares are fine, MariaDB-sync is still working perfectly fine for my Mi TV boxes, but as soon as I'm adding the mysql reference to my advancedsettings.xml Kodi Matrix slows down
my Windows machine log does not show any errors entries at all, I just found some noticable lags with some of the entries, but to be honest I can't really interpret them

https://paste.kodi.tv/oqamawahoy.kodi

so if anyone has any tipps it would be highly appreciated
2022-02-21 16:23:02.042 T:5608 INFO <general>: Loading skin includes from C:\Users\NUC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.arctic.zephyr.mod\1080i\includes.xml
Best to switch to the default Estuary skin for all the troubleshooting, just to exclude any "outside interference" such as:
2022-02-21 16:23:02.648 T:5608 WARNING <general>: Label Formatting: $VAR[FlagstarVideo1] is not defined
or whatever it does.

The 30 and 60 second delays sound like time-out values.

Code:
2022-02-21 16:28:17.544 T:5608 INFO <general>: Loading skin file: Settings.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
2022-02-21 16:28:49.748 T:5608 INFO <general>: Loading skin file: SettingsCategory.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
2022-02-21 16:28:53.037 T:5608 INFO <general>: Log level changed to "TRACE"
2022-02-21 16:28:53.038 T:5608 INFO <general>: Enabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 2.
Always restart Kodi after enabling debugging. Now it starts somewhere in the middle of the session, while plenty could be missed before that moment, such as the 32 seconds between the first two entry lines I quoted.
thanks @Klojum for taking the time to look into this. So I tried again - enabled debug logs, reverted back to the default skin and restarted Kodi
then I just navigated to one of my smb shares started to play a video file and stopped it after a few seconds
it already takes a very long time until Kodi actually starts, the splash screen stays for a very long time

I also noticed multiple 10 second lags after this "replacing configured host" entry, but I have no idea what this is about:
e.g. 2022-02-21 20:30:58.442 T:2476    DEBUG <general>: dbiplus::MysqlDatabase::connect replacing configured host 192.168.0.14 with resolved host 192.168.0.14

https://paste.kodi.tv/anirexaluy.kodi