Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Disable copy status while playing a video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This must be an FAQ somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.  (I apologize if search failed me, and I overlooked it somewhere.)  Is there some way to disable to file copy status spinner in the upper right during video playback?  Annoyingly, if I copy a file while watching a video, I can see the copy status spinner up in the corner.  I would like video not to be marred even if I'm copying files in the background.
  Thanks in advance for your help!

--Sam
(2022-02-22, 07:29)SammyXMBC Wrote: [ -> ]Annoyingly, if I copy a file while watching a video, I can see the copy status spinner up in the corner.  I would like video not to be marred even if I'm copying files in the background.

Well, Kodi is not a full-blown windowing operating system. Doing multiple tasks at the same time as well as hiding every other stuff was not on our to-do list up to now. Perhaps something on this can be implemented in v20 Nexus.
I've just tried it and I don't get that, what version of Kodi are you using?
When playing a video in full screen mode, the background copy status is not displayed! If so, it may be a skin bug. What skin do you use?
I'm using the standard Estuary that is installed with KODI on CoreELEC 19.4-Matrix_rc3 (which should be the latest).  Hardware is an Amlogic box running at "1920x1080@60Hz - Full screen" on a 4k TV.

The good news is that I figured out the problem.  For some reason, the "Zoom" setting under "Skin" was set to -4.  If it is set to -4 or smaller (more negative), then I can see the copy progress indicator on top of the playing video.  If I set it to 0, as it likely should be, then the progress indicator disappears while playing video.  Maybe the skin is just shoving the progress control off the the top of the screen as a way to make it disappears thus causing the problem with an unexpected zoom setting?

In any event, at least now I know why I was the only person seeing this issue.  Perhaps it is something to look at in a future rev, but clearly not a major issue anymore.

Thanks to everyone who commented!

--Sam
Sounds like a bug then.
Got it, a slide animation is used currently https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ar.xml#L13 so if you use a negative zoom it doesn't slide enough. Would probaly to best to use a visible condition to completely hide that dialog when in fullscreen.