Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: There is no 5.1 sound on the AC3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Thomson tha100 media player. It has an Android 10 operating system.

After I turned on advance options->audio output->dolby 7.1 channel passthrough in android system menu and set it to 5.1 in Kodi and enabled different dolby standards, then 5.1 works on DTS, but whatever I tried, 5.1 doesn't work on AC3, it's just stereo.

I've tried several video player programs, they didn't go with 5.1, only the stereo. In the other programs, DTS did not go to 5.1 either. Kodi is better than that.

I use an HDMI 2.0 cable and a denon 660H amplifier.

Do you know someone who has 5.1 sound on AC3? And what kind of media player does he use?
What's the file in question?

There is plenty of AC3 stereo content. It doesn't automatically mean surround sound.
(2022-02-22, 15:25)Cinephile Wrote: [ -> ]What's the file in question?

There is plenty of AC3 stereo content. It doesn't automatically mean surround sound.

Of course I'm talking about dolby digital (AC3) 5.1 files.
That wasn't obvious. Perhaps share the MediaInfo snippet?

If you're not getting surround output on any player your hardware is incorrectly configured. Nothing to do with Kodi.
With an optical cable have dolby digital 5.1. So the fact is that this media player is poorly designed, it does not send 5.1 to HDMI, but only to the optical cable. After that, I'm not surprised why the little mini book only has the connection method to connect it to the TV with the HDMI cable and the optical cable to the amplifier, because they already knew that it wouldn't send dolby digital 5.1 to the HDMI cable.
Hi I've a THA100 and to play 5.1 through my home cinema amplifier I've :
- In android system menu, dolby 7.1 channel passthrough disabled through advance options->audio output
- in Kodi, enabled passthrough & enable AC3 capability. I let 2.0 default value