Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Speed up Video Playback to 1.5x - 2.0x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello dear Kodimaniacs,

I use Kodi Matrix on my Google Chromecast with TV and want a feature to speed up my video playback to 1.5x
or 2.0x speed for binge-watch purpose (without chipunk voices, like the YT-feature has.

Does anybody know a tutorial, how to do it? 🙂

I already searched, but couldn't find specific threads about my wish. There is a script for a remote, so I can press up, or down for the playback speed, right?

Thanks in advance,

Ako
Modify your keymap file and add PlayerControl(tempodown) and PlayerControl(tempoup) to the buttons of your choosing. 
This will allow you to decrease/increase the playback speed. 

I have mine set to my rewind/fast forward buttons on my remote (long press). 
So it looks like this:

xml:
      <rewind mod="longpress">PlayerControl(tempodown)</rewind>
      <fastforward mod="longpress">PlayerControl(tempoup)</fastforward>
If you're using Estuary as the skin, then it's avaiable from the OSD under Settings where there's a Play Speed option.
Forgive me for resurrecting an old thread, but I cannot find anything else that discusses the topic of changing playback speeds.

the previous post here says that this capability is available with the Estuary skin, but I cannot find it.  I DO find the settings option for "Threshold for pitch correction", which certainly implies that it is possible to change the playback speed, but I cannot find any way to do it.  Can somebody clue me in, please?