Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Struggling with Interface Setup (Jellyfin+TVHeadend)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I am somewhat new to Kodi, been avoiding it for a while but I came to realization that if I want advanced player and configurations - it is the best option out there, especially for Android TV.

Environment:
2 Shield TV Boxes, 2 Windows PCs, some mobile devices; Linux based server on the backend

Media requirements:
TVHeadend backend PVR and using the official plugin. I tried the Embuary skin for a while, which wasn't bad but it does not show recorded date for each episode inside the episode folder list. Bummer. Tried a few different themes, Eminence and Amber both show the date, Amber even shows the last recording date next to each show folder (e.g. on the shows list, one click less to see if there was a new episode) - nice touch. 

Currently using Jellyfin as the backend and for the occasional media transcoding to mobile devices. Was thinking about going all Kodi and setup SQL central database but I don't think mobile devices will be able to transcode like that. So I am using one of the Jellyfin integrations (I tried Jellycon as well) with native paths to all media.

Here is the main struggle - I want my main interface to have nested folders (category and sub category):
Menu Items:
Movies
        - most skins have decent default lists

Concerts
          - Rock
               - Nice list with posters of the titles
          - POP
               - Nice list with posters of the titles
Kids Movies
         - Sub Category1
             -Nice list with posters of the titles
         - Sub Category2
Music Videos (I used to hobby VDJ so I have a nice collection)
          - Sub Category1
         - Sub Category2

I hope you get the idea. I am not able to find a way to do this. I have these categories created in Jellyfin but either Kids Movies show up in the general Movies menu or the Kids Menu shows a vertical list of titles with small images. And I have found no way to even have sub categories (e.g. go to Concerts, chose Rock then get the list).

I keep reading and watching guides but I am not getting anywhere. Can someone advice how to accomplish this?
for Jellyfin you would need a skin that supports skinshortcuts 
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Skin_Short..._Shortcuts
estuary mod https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=366400
 Kids Movies show up in the general Movies menu you will need to make playlists to separate movies
(2022-03-03, 03:41)the_other_guy Wrote: [ -> ] Kids Movies show up in the general Movies menu you will need to make playlists to separate movies
And that would be a Kodi playlist, setup on each client I assume?