Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Question to brazen11 or other mod about removed thread.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I found no direct way to contact you. The thread I opened was closed and I don't see a PM possibility.

I sincerely wonder what I did wrong? My question had nothing to do with piracy, nor was it mentioned in the replies.

Thanks in advance.
(2022-03-09, 16:02)Istria Wrote: [ -> ]I sincerely wonder what I did wrong?

I suppose you have not really read the post you received from brazen.

In short: you have not complied with our forum rules (wiki) which has a piracy policy (wiki) on it.
If you look at your own log, you will find a number of orange-colored entries in the add-on section.
Those entries are known to be affilated with video piracy. Team Kodi has a z-e-r-o tolerance stance when it comes to that.
In fact, our reputation has been tarnished enough already in the last couple of years.

Since you are a newcomer to this forum, certain limitations are in place for prevention of spam. Those limitations will be removed in due time.
Hmm,I did not know purely having a forbidden addon installed which is visible from a log was against the forum rules. Hell, I only installed it in the first place to troubleshoot AKsubtitles addon that didn't work with my local files (it did with the addon that shall not be named).
So if I understand it correctly, if I delete said addon and I copy paste the removed topic to a new one. And add a new log without 'orange parts', all is OK?
(2022-03-09, 18:21)Istria Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm,I did not know purely having a forbidden addon installed which is visible from a log was against the forum rules.
You learn something new every day.

(2022-03-09, 18:21)Istria Wrote: [ -> ]So if I understand it correctly, if I delete said addon and I copy paste the removed topic to a new one. And add a new log without 'orange parts', all is OK?
That's the big idea. We like to see a fully "clean" Kodi setup, and that also means that it's not acceptable to simply edit your current log file and remove the orange-colored entries, as some people thought was okay in the past.
(2022-03-09, 18:21)Istria Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm,I did not know purely having a forbidden addon installed which is visible from a log was against the forum rules. Hell, I only installed it in the first place to troubleshoot AKsubtitles addon that didn't work with my local files (it did with the addon that shall not be named).
So if I understand it correctly, if I delete said addon and I copy paste the removed topic to a new one. And add a new log without 'orange parts', all is OK?

Do you understand that many problems reported about Kodi originate from illegal add-ons that otherwise would not occur if they were not installed?  Btw, you have at least a half dozen things installed - not just one you claim you only installed so you could troubleshoot another add-on completely unrelated.
As far as I know, the only addons I installed are a couple subtitles addons plus "the crew" and "siren" to see if AKsubtitles would work with them.

Anyway, I'll reinstall Kodi to have a clean start for debugging and only install the log uploader addon. If the problem is still there, I will open a new topic.
P.S. I see now that your are implying I'm lying.

Believe what you want. I installed AKsubtitles because Google told me that was the best one to use in 2022. It did not work with my locally shared files though. It would complain about not having tmdb info or something similar. So I installed "the crew" to see if AKsubtitles works at all. Siren I installed because I read on some forum that had something to do with the imdb info, hoping that could add that missing info to my local files.

Anyway, like I said: Believe what you want. In any case I don't want have anything to do with you anymore. If I need help with Kodi, I will write a thread, as is my right within the forum rules. Other users can choose to help me, or not. If not, I'll find other ways. But I don't need to hear anything from you anymore. Don't even bother responding.
(2022-03-09, 20:44)Istria Wrote: [ -> ]Don't even bother responding.

You are not here to tell what moderators should or should not do. We have forum rules (wiki) here, you chose not to read them (you're not the only one), but they still apply.

You can install ANYTHING you want on your Kodi setup, but we reserve to right to NOT give support to you. As already explained, anything mentioned that is related to video or music piracy, will get our attention. So the smartest thing is to never mention any of such addons, and not come here with a Kodi setup with any of them installed.

Now go clean install your Kodi setup.
It should be pointed out here that every single "test" addon that you mention (the oath, seren, the crew) are ALL piracy addons that are on the banned addon (wiki) list. The fact that you chose to try all of those rather than a legal and legitimate video addon from the official repo tells us everything about your motivation for using Kodi.

As has already been noted, we do not support piracy, nor any device which is being used in that fashion. The presence of anything on that list immediately negates any support offer from this site - if you chose to make use of such addons then you do so at your own risk and are responsible for any consequences either to your device operation or network security that may result from it. It is clearly stated in the forum rules (wiki) that anyone signing up here has to explicitly accept with agreement to abide by them.

You can write what you like, but any request for support will be removed if it relates to a device with those addons in it, whether the problem appears to relate to them or not.