Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Changes/Updates on File-/Source system not recognized any longer by Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a very weird behavior and I'm not really sure in which direction I should look into. It seems like Kodi cannot change anything on my filesystem any longer, nor is it capable of recognizing changes/updates (like adding a new TV show episode and hitting "Update Source"). See the following examples.

I have never had this issue before - the only thing which I changed recently was installing 19.4 (LibreELEC 10.0.2). I am running an Intel NUC, media files are on my Synology NAS. It might be related to 19.4, but it might also be a coincidence.

I have added a new episode of "Talking Dead" on my NAS/file system. In Kodi, I then went to my source and hit "Updates Source"... but the episode does not show up at all. Instead, the poster thumb looks corrupt:

I initially thought, something got messed up somehow with the scraping process so I removed the complete "Talking Dead" folder from the file system. I then ran "Clean Library" - which should detect the missing TV show and remove it from the database (and hence, the show should not be listed any longer in Kodi under "TV shows"): but the show is still there (with the corrupted poster thumbnail).

Next day I watched an Episode of "Dexter". Normally, Kodi marks an episode as "watched" after it has played it until the end - but it did not happen at all. Episode (no. 8 in the screenshot) stays as unwatched. Even when I right click the episode and select "Mark as Watched": the episode remains as "unwatched". In addition - for whatever reason - the thumbs of the episodes which I watched since then, also look corrupted:

Made another test with another tv show today: same result: after updating sources, nothing is found. It feels like it doesn't matter what I add/change in the filesystem, somehow Kodi does not detect it when updating the sources.

I can however play all content without any problems.

I have no idea what is going on or what this behavior is caused by ... so I would super appreciate any help or advice.

Many thanks!
Update: Found the reason.

I created a debug log and after reboot this was at the very end of the log:

Code:

2022-03-18 18:39:05.512 T:796     ERROR <general>: SQL: [Textures13.db] SQLite error SQLITE_FULL (database or disk is full)

And indeed ... The update to 19.4 a few days before was not related. I simply ran out of internal space after I copied a few too many new video files over to a custom folder (for videos I do not want to scrape) on my IntelNUC / Kodi machine. So the problem was caused by me ... ouch.

I totally overlooked the internal space on my machine - need to be more careful in the future. The issues I described in my initial post now make sense: no space for the database means no space for any newly scraped media: hence updating sources and importing new media & modifying existing media fails (or shows no effect in my case).

Question: is there anything else - beside providing space obviously (just made 20GB available / deleted media files from the internal disk) - to "fix" the issue? Or can I now simply rescan my existing filesources (so that the Kodi DB is populated properly)?
Yes rescanning will help! Just in case, on Debian (dunno of *ELEC) one can easily set-up a simple cron job checking free space and email errors if any scheduled task fails.
Thread marked solved.
Thanks @basilgello  ! Yes, rescanning "fixed" it ... ran a Clean Library before (to have my deleted TV show removed) and after a rescan, all new media is imported into the Kodi database (and shows up in Estuary). Will definetly keep an eye on the available space from now!