Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IR Remotes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. I'm a big fan of using IR remotes with kodi. I made a video about various IR remotes I have  and use https://youtu.be/FkNjhDWiMzY

Xbox dvd remote
Plastation 2 DVD Remote
WMC remote

Whats your favorite remote configuration for kodi?
I note FLIRC (wiki) is a Kodi sponsor and the designer has representation in these forums. I personally use this device without issue with my AVR remote and note there has been a hardware update to enhance the original functionality. What's not to like, the software produces a visual keyboard to program key by key press along with per-configured maps for Kodi plug & play.

Hands down this is the best remote option one could hope for. Moving this useful thread to hardware peripherals and added a direct YouTube link.
(2022-03-27, 19:14)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]I note FLIRC (wiki) is a Kodi sponsor and the designer has representation in these forums. I personally use this device without issue with my AVR remote and note there has been a hardware update to enhance the original functionality. What's not to like, the software produces a visual keyboard to program key by key press along with per-configured maps for Kodi plug & play.

Hands down this is the best remote option one could hope for. Moving this useful thread to hardware peripherals and added a direct YouTube link.

I absolutely hated my FLIRC receiver and had it in a drawer for some years since I got it.  It was always buggy and iffy and never seemed to work.  Only in the last month did I realize that the RC6 MCE remotes I was attempting to pair flip a bit on every button press, so you you have to program each button twice, once for each code.  That was it, that was the whole problem... I really wish that was better pointed out in some documentation, as a warning to RC6 remote users.