Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PVR Artwork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi @phunkyfish 
I'm pretty sure I asked long ago if Enigma2 devices could download PVR artwork and then push those images to Kodi and the answer was no.

What about if you have guide data that already provides the <icon> link to the artwork? I did a test over the weekend with some Schedules Direct guide data which I manually loaded onto my STB. Whilst this guide data was all being picked up fine in Kodi, the artwork was not appearing. When I checked one of the service refs on my browser, it seems the <icon> link was not included.

Does this mean that Engima2 devices are not able to push <icon> links to Kodi period (even if they exist on the guide data provided) or is more a case that Enigma2 devices cannot actually retrieve these <icon> links from the guide data in the first instance?
E2 devices can’t store the artwork.

They have a super simple and brief EPG metadata:

Xml:

<e2event>
      <e2eventid>{e2:item name=EventID /}</e2eventid>
      <e2eventstart>{e2:item name=TimeStart /}</e2eventstart>       
<e2eventduration>{e2:item name=Duration /}</e2eventduration>       
<e2eventcurrenttime>{e2:item name=CurrentTime /}</e2eventcurrenttime>       
<e2eventtitle>{e2:item name=Title /}</e2eventtitle>       
<e2eventdescription>{e2:item name=Description /}</e2eventdescription>       
<e2eventdescriptionextended>{e2:item name=DescriptionExtended /}</e2eventdescriptionextended>       <e2eventservicereference>{e2:item name=ServiceReference /}</e2eventservicereference>       
<e2eventservicename>{e2:item name=ServiceName /}</e2eventservicename>
</e2event>
Ahh, okay. Not a huge surprise I must admit, although it was nice having 14 days guide data.
Looks like I will go with the back-up plan then. Keep my main HD channels on the Enigma2 and continue to use Skin Helper and local directory to fetch most artwork.
For the rest of the channels, I can easily create a m3u and use with the IPTV simple client which should work fine with SD guide data.
Okay, I know channels take a couple of secs longer to open and switch, but I can live with that.

Sometimes its just a simple case of re-invent and compromise, rather than being completely outdone.  Wink
The funny thing is that it really should be possible to have another set of EPG data. Then if the times match add the extra fields and off it goes.

I’d far prefer to add this as a separate add-on though. Someday I’ll add this to kodi.
Sweet! That would be excellent!  Smile
If and when the time comes and you need some guide data to test with that has artwork links included, let me know and I can send you my files quite easily.
In the meantime, I've now split my channels between Engima2 and IPTV and everything is working like a charm with the artwork. Doing a very quick visual scan of the guide data for the next couple of days, I would guesstimate I'm seeing at least 90% of programmes now being returned with correct artwork....maybe even nearer to 95%.
Cheers