Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi won't start on Fedora 35
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just installed Fedora 35 and Kodi via terminal with DNF packages. I've got 19.4 version. But after installing, Kodi won't start. When I attempt to start it, nothing happens. Then I've try opening it from a terminal, and I'm getting this error:

/usr/lib64/kodi/kodi.bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/kodi/kodi.bin: undefined symbol: _ZN3fmt2v86detail18throw_format_errorEPKc

What is that means? How I can correct it?
Previously, I've installed in Manjaro via snap, it runs properly although there's little crash I've got from log in /home folder. Sorry my bad English, not native English speaker. Thank you.
Fedora is an Linux operating system that tweaks, compiles and packages the Kodi sourcecode for their own software.
I suggest you contact them and provide them with the full Kodi debug log file, and not just a single line/entry from the log file.
@itilsenli 
Updating to fmt-8.1.1 from fedora 35-updates repo should at least get you beyond this error message.

Ignore the fact this is on fc37, the fmt-8.1.1 source the same and will provide the same symbol for fc35.
bash:
[rj@rawhide ~]$ nm -D /usr/lib64/libfmt.so.8.1.1 | grep _ZN3fmt2v86detail18throw_format_errorEPKc
0000000000004870 T _ZN3fmt2v86detail18throw_format_errorEPKc

[rj@rawhide ~]$ dnf repoquery -f /usr/lib64/libfmt.so.8.1.1
Last metadata expiration check: 3:11:06 ago on Tue 26 Apr 2022 03:51:25 PM EDT.
fmt-0:8.1.1-5.fc37.x86_64