Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IPTV Simple Client not completely loading channel icons from .m3u
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using IPTV Simple Client and for some odd reason the channel icons that load up into the channel view only partially load from the .m3u list. Not quite sure why. I get this inconsistency across multiple platforms (Win 10 and Android) and was wondering what could be holding up the icons from fully loading. What's even more bizarre is that there are differences between the ones that choose to load on Win 10 vs. the ones that choose to load on Android. I've even tried different machines and there is no similarity between what will load and what won't. Because I'm grabbing from a .m3u list, I can see the paths, and I know the icon URLs are listed in the file. I go to those links directly, and they will load up in Chrome. Is there any way to force ones through that don't instantly load via a shortcut or keyboard command? There isn't a separate icon file for this service. I have removed IPTV Simple, data cleared the General and Guide, force closed Kodi, deleted Kodi, reinstalled Kodi, reinstalled IPTV Simple, put the .m3u back in, force closed Kodi, restarted, and it still causes the same issues, with inconsistent channel icon loadings from the .m3u. Any suggestionsHuh
BTW: I'm using Matrix 19.4
Can you provide a full debug log? Instructions in my signature.

Also, what settings do you have for the add-on for icons/logos?
Didn't think it would be this complicated. Everything needs a log. Ugh! You really want me posting 10 logs up in here from the Android AND Win 10 units I tried this on? I'll pass. Not worth my time. It'll take longer to do that with your limited paste.kodi.tv service than just dealing with a rather minor issue. I just wanted to know if there was an option in the menus to force the channel icons to load off a .m3u. I didn't want to get into a science project. Thank you.
Just a single log capturing the issue should be fine. It’s should be almost no effort to do this. Otherwise I have no way tell why it’s not working for you.
Found someone with a properly loaded .m3u list, copied their AppData and overwrote mine. Appears to be the fix. Things are working now. Some kind of blockage was occurring. I'm on Verizon. My friend is on Comcast. I'll blame the ISP and move on.