Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi tv 19.4 hangs on Windows 10 desktop computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Kodi.tv. I had installed Kodi 19.3 on my new Sony TV with Google TV. It ran well, but there is limited space to save data. I kept getting messages "Low data space" so I had to uninstall on my Sony TV with Google TV. Now I am installing on my Windows 10 desktop. I go to the Kodi.tv site and download 19.4. When I run 19.4 on my desktop computer it runs for a few seconds and then hangs. I get no mouse cursor and alt-tab does not work. Even though my computer is hung up, I can still hear the music I am playing on Windows Media Player, so my computer is still running. There is no way for me to get out of Kodi hung up so all I can do is hold the power button in until my computer shuts off. There is some reason why 19.4 is not working on my computer. I uninstalled Kodi 19.4 and downloaded 19.3 which works fine. I know there is little difference in 19.4 but I wanted you to know about my experience. Thanks, Roy.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2022-04-30, 20:19)vtrop Wrote: [ -> ]ran well, but there is limited space
Yes that's the limitation installing on TV's, as a practical tip and not enjoying all the Kodi features, as long as your file sources are not scanned into the library you can have access to media.
(2022-04-30, 20:19)vtrop Wrote: [ -> ]hangs. I get no mouse cursor and alt-tab does not work.
Try Cntl+Alt+Delete select task manager to kill. I always keep sysinternals processor explorer in my toolbar, for tree kills, no need to power/down/up.
(2022-04-30, 20:19)vtrop Wrote: [ -> ]downloaded 19.3 which works fine.
Thanks for the observation, yes there's very few changes between the iterations. A proper debug might show something, but whatever works is good.