Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 4K TV and 4K video display issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

To watch a 4K video on a 4K TV using Kodi on an Android TV box I have to set the video playback to Normal rather than Original Size. If I set it to the latter, rather than displaying correctly it just plays as a band of 'static' that moves across the middle of the screen. Whilst you can bring the settings up when it's doing this, amending the correct one is impossible as they get caught up in the static and are unreadable. This means to view it I have to amend the setting in a non 4K video and then apply the setting to all content.

This would be fine, except I prefer to watch non 4K content at it's original size, e.g. 4:3 SD content with black bars surrounding it to avoid the artifacting introduced by upscaling, which means I'm having to amend the setting every time I want to switch between non 4K content and 4K content.

The Android box itself is set to 4K resolution and I understand the resolution setting under System in Kodi is purely for the menu display and has no affect on video playback. Not that I can amend it anyawy.

Have I misunderstood how the video playback setting works, or is something else I'm missing?