Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 4k@120hz ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi !
In order to exploit the new GPU, do you think it would be possible to add a 4k@120Hz display mode in the Kodi interface? (especially to reduce latency in menu navigation)
Thread moved to video support
Thank you for this change. Unfortunately my question is forgotten. Do you know if it is possible to contact the devs?
Let's try it in feature requests and see if it gets more love.

The devs do read these forums, but unfortunately as we're an entirely voluntary organisation, they aren't as numerous as anyone would like...
I'm not aware of any limiting factor. As long the setup supports it, you can set the resolution/frame rate to anything you want. I can run Kodi on a 144Hz if I want.

This being said, with the way skins so animations, lag is "relative". Animations are smoother tho.
Thanks
I use CoreElec, for now the interface does not offer better than 4k@60fps in the settings. While the graphics chip can go up to 90hz, and my screen, 120hz. So the limit would come from Kodi CoreElec, and not Kodi?
I would say so.

But Coreelec implies it is a low end system, where even 4k60 might be a pipe dream.
Coreelec is for Amlogic ARM SoC's. With ARM SoC's the supported UI resolution/refresh is often lower than the max video resolution/refresh, because the UI is not hardware accelerated so is produced by the CPU part of the SoC. Whereas the video playback is hardware accelerated by the VPU part of the SoC and will often be capable of a higher resolution/refresh.