Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie Set Durations with very little dependacies if at all.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, hoping someone can point me in the right direction. So I'm using Aeon Nox: 5 skin that was last released by BigNoid (v7.02). It was a lite version of his previous versions so for me it was perfect and still is the perfect skin imho as SiLVO's version is just full on. It's to cater for everyone and I get that, so credit to him for maintaining the skin for the majority.

Over the years I've been modifying BigNoids last version so that it can work with the later versions of Kodi, keeping an eye on code changes etc. So my skill level is moderate when it comes to skin editing. Kodi v18 it works perfectly fine, v19 & 20 I can make it work but the Duration for Movie Sets is the only thing that doesn't work as one dependency that was used called script.skin.info.service just crashes Kodi. Even with the Python 3 changes that have been recommended on GitHub from a few users, it's still broken. So it either crashes Kodi just on startup (as it scans the library) or it takes a while for Kodi to Exit (when it does work) so it's hit an miss.

I've tried script.skin.helper.service but that has way too many other dependencies, and although I can get this to work on Kodi v18, it's not maintained for 19 and above.

Is there a script that I'm not aware of, that can give us Move Set duration's in a container, or lines of code that can do this in a skin (I've looked at few skins but those that work rely on dependencies), or maybe someone can look at modifying BigNoids plugin.moviesets that was released back in the day for Movie Set info. I'd rather go with something that is more maintained or request that this to be part of the native Kodi package which I'm sure has been looked into / requested before.