Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Hardware Acceleration auto toggle?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

Running this on LibreElec and having a question regarding HW acceleration.

I noticed that while watching IPTV I get audio sync issues and stuttering if Hardware Acceleration is On.
However, if it's off, my 4K local files don't work.

Is there a way to solve this without needing to go into the settings each time I want to alternate?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
I don't understand, I am not experiencing a bug, so why should I need to provide debug logs? I am asking for guidance, not support.
(2022-06-01, 21:42)V-tecc Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed that while watching IPTV I get audio sync issues and stuttering if Hardware Acceleration is On.
However, if it's off, my 4K local files don't work.
And how do you think that we should ascertain the cause of that problem? We do not have a crystal ball here in our midst.

(2022-06-03, 21:08)V-tecc Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand, I am not experiencing a bug, so why should I need to provide debug logs? I am asking for guidance, not support.
For your info, a Kodi log file starts with all possible hardware details of your Kodi device. Without that information, for all I can imagine, you could be running LibreELEC on a Samsung smart refrigerator. It's simply to give us some idea what hardware you are using, and what hw acceleration is possible.

(2022-06-03, 21:08)V-tecc Wrote: [ -> ]I am not experiencing a bug
Really? "Audio sync issues and stuttering if Hardware Acceleration is On" sounds like a problem to me.

(2022-06-03, 21:08)V-tecc Wrote: [ -> ]I am asking for guidance, not support.
In that case, have a look into your kodi.log file.
Good luck.
As I mentioned turning off HW acceleration on live streams fixes the issue, I just need to find out how to toggle that setting on live tv only, don't think looking into the log will tell me how to do that. Then again you seem to be more interested in keeping your little hierarchy of control here and being sarcastic than actually helping someone.
(2022-06-04, 12:27)V-tecc Wrote: [ -> ]I just need to find out how to toggle that setting on live tv only, don't think looking into the log will tell me how to do that.

If there is a technical problem within Kodi or LibreELEC, we'd very much like to solve it for everyone. Hence my request for a debug log (wiki).
You are looking for a 'solution' that will circumvent the problem only for your own personal setup, of which we still have no details.

Kodi has its generic hardware playing settings in its GUI menu in the Player/Render method section.

(2022-06-04, 12:27)V-tecc Wrote: [ -> ]Then again you seem to be more interested in keeping your little hierarchy of control here and being sarcastic than actually helping someone.

Then again, there are those times when forum users don't give a sh!t about others and only want help for themselves. Right? Also, pissing off the people you want "guidance and not support from", is not a good idea.
You know, after getting through the first part of your reply I thought to myself; "You know he actually makes a valid point, if he genuinely wants to find a solution for this instead of a workaround I can sure take the time to post logs" ... but then I read the second part, full of foul language, bitterness and resentment, and I thought to myself, this is just beneath me.

As for your assessment of me just wanting to help myself, I actually found other posts with similar issues before I decided to post myself, so that I do not waste anyone's time. But every solution to those problems seemed to be "consider turning off HW acceleration".

If I may offer you one small piece of advice, then it is to consider if being on a support forum really is the right thing for you, considering you do not seem to deal well with ignorance or people questioning you.
Its replies like this that makes people hesitate to ask for help in the first place.

With that said, I hope you have a good day.
You come here asking for help from volunteers yet you didn't want to provide the information requested, two way cooperation is certainly expected in any support scenario. Then you became nasty so what goes around comes around.

Martin
What a strange escalation...

I'm actually looking for the same thing as the original poster; an easy and quick way to toggle HW acceleration.
Does anyone know if that is possible?
Maybe ser a custom hotkey?