Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV lose signal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Have the following setup : 

Nvidia Shield > HDMI > Denon avr-x2700h > HDMI > LG OLED 65 C8
Latest software all the way

Sometimes the TV goes black(no connection), we can still hear sound from Denon so the connection between Nvidia Shield and Denon seems to work but for some reason the connection between Denon and LG is broken. This usually occurs on startup but also during video playback.

It have never happen while using Netflix, HBO MAX or any other streaming services.

Regards
Still sounds like a HDMI cable (video) problem to me. Can you try a different one?
I hade some other problems with my former receiver(Yamaha RX-A3030) so for 6 month I bought new quality cables : 
https://noerdic.se/products/hdmi-21-cabl...hdmi-n1011

This did not solve my problem so I bought a new Denon AVR and that did solve everything but this black screen from time to time.

Its not easy to change cable to the TV but I will look in to it.

If I turn off and then on the picture is back but Kodi will struggle with the playback, restarting playback as well solves it. I'm posting in this forum because its only when Kodi is in use.

Regards
I haven't tried another HDMI cable yet but I'm now more certain that this problem is due to Kodi. This problem happens yesterday again, I still heard the sound but no signal to the TV. Pressed home (exit to Nvidia Shield Home Screen), this brought back the TV signal!? So I do not have to turn off\on the TV, I just jump out to the home screen and I get the picture signal back and then back into Kodi. Im I really the only one with this problem?
Do you have the Kodi screensaver on?

Regardless, provide a Debug Log and post a link to it here so we can see what happening.
Hi, I have uploaded a cutout from a recreated scenario here. You can see a Warning - OutputPicture - timeout waiting for buffer at 13:09:24:3007, I suspect that this is the problem. After this the picture is gone but the sound is still there. I then hit the home button and the TV gets signal showing the homescreen of Nvidia Shield. I then restart Kodi and now it works fine.

This happens at least once ever other day.
Another log with some more data : https://paste.kodi.tv/imeworuwiw.kodi

The picture was lost about 22:26 and in the log I can find :

2022-07-23 22:26:41.802 T:28557   DEBUG <general>: Could not acquire timestamp
2022-07-23 22:26:41.835 T:3835  WARNING <general>: OutputPicture - timeout waiting for buffer
2022-07-23 22:26:41.835 T:3835     INFO <general>: thread end: video_thread

Any suggestions?
Any idea at all? Do you need more log data?