Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TetradUI 1.3.5 for Kodi 19 Matrix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2022-08-12, 00:28)Gade Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-08-11, 02:08)csts Wrote: [ -> ]Tested the skin for an hour, 2 major problems.
1 Can't use an addon to add widgets, to me Kodi library is deprecated, only Trakt library has meaning. So do not expect me and others to wait for hours to populate Kodi library to use the skin.
2 Can't add / rename sections. That means peeps can't do much.

Thanks a lot for testing the skin.

Well, this is a skin for Kodi.
I use Kodi's library without any issues, and I don't experience any speed issues.
What makes it deprecated?

1. The skin is still in development, which means that customization is not the priority right now.
For now, the main goal is to catch bugs and support all features and some useful addons.
Which addon and which widgets do you mean?

2. Which sections do you mean you want to add and rename?
1. I mean movie & Live TV addons in general.

2. I mean the Weather, Apps, Media, System sections, hopefully I'm wrong.

Using Kodi library with 200 shows can easily take 2 hours to update. Trakt library is instant and you only need to authorize Trakt on any addon you wish to see your collection -without causing duplicates to appear as in Kodi library.
i think theme support for this skin will be a great idea
using the same carbon theme can get boring

when you decide to add themes to this skin here is the download link of the og MC360 skin
https://github.com/HitcherUK/MC360

if you add this it will be greatly appreciated.
@Ch3dd4rGoblin @Gade

Congratulations for the release of this skin! No one knows the amount of work and effort that is required to reach this goal...

Thank you!!!
@manfeed
Thanks so much!
Yeah, it really means a lot to finally be able to do an official release.

The skin is now available in the official Kodi add-on repo.

First post in this thread is updated.
resource.uisounds.tetradui is now added to the official Kodi addon repository.

Now you can use TetradUI sounds with the skin!
I am truly impressed by how fast and smooth this skin is, and how effortless and efficient everything seems to be, including startup and shutdown. Looks to me like this is the result of writing the skin from scratch (??) instead of copying an older skin (which may in turn have itself been a copy of an even older skin) with all the bloat and performance degradation that brings. It also looks very pretty. Cannot wait for some menu customization options. Really goo
Hi @Biffenstein.

Welcome to the forum Smile

Thanks so much for the very kind words and support.
It truly means a lot.
We put soooooo many hours into coding, optimizing, testing, designing and redesigning the best ideas.

What kind of customization would you like to see?
What kind of customization? Certainly nothing too complex.

Here we use playlists quite a lot to make it quicker for family members to find their content. In the current version of the skin you have to select Media > Videos > Playlists, and then you get all playlists for all media types in alphabetical order, and it can be a big list to scroll through. It would be great if the skin could also display movie playlists directly under Media > Movies, TV show playlists under Media > TV shows etc. That would make it just a tiny bit easier for the non-technically-inclined to navigate to their desired content.

But something like this would just be the icing on the cake for an awesome skin.
Thanks so much for the suggestion - it's a great idea.
Sorry, but a skin can only show either video or music playlists.
There's no way for a skin to know which content is added to a video playlist (movies, sets, tv shows or episodes).

Please let me know if you have any other ideas. I'm very open for adding new features Wink
Well, that turned out to be not a problem - I've looked into the Library Node Editor and it lets me do most of what I did with playlists.

Once question, though: On the Media blade main page we have two menus: on the left Videos | Movies | TV shows | Music, and on the right a menu in smaller font that changes depending on what is being selected in the "main" menu.

It would be really sweet if this right-hand menu could be customized in some way, for example by having it show the child nodes of a specific parent node (as created in LNE). It is not often that one needs to view TV shows by studios or movies by countries, for example, so being able to customize this menu for each media type (movies, TV and music) would be nice as it could be used to pull frequently used views/nodes higher in the interface and reduce the need to drill down through submenus.
@Biffenstein
Great you got it solved using Library Node Editor.

(2022-11-13, 19:17)Biffenstein Wrote: [ -> ]Once question, though: On the Media blade main page we have two menus: on the left Videos | Movies | TV shows | Music, and on the right a menu in smaller font that changes depending on what is being selected in the "main" menu.

It would be really sweet if this right-hand menu could be customized in some way, for example by having it show the child nodes of a specific parent node (as created in LNE). It is not often that one needs to view TV shows by studios or movies by countries, for example, so being able to customize this menu for each media type (movies, TV and music) would be nice as it could be used to pull frequently used views/nodes higher in the interface and reduce the need to drill down through submenus.

Yeah, that's a really good idea.

I'm just worried what should define the icons used for each submenu.
The users can't select these as they are part of the skin's texture file, and there are not a lot to choose from.
It truly has been a pleasure to be a part of this project. Gade has done a really good job with it to the point that its almost unbelievable. It was a long bumpy road to get to where it is today and it may as well be from scratch.
Long live the blades UI.
I hope it's enjoyed for years to comeĀ  Smile
Pages: 1 2 3