Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No TrueHd passthrough option and audio output option greyed out on 19.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Debug Log full

Hi all,
Philips 65OLED876, Android 10, Kodi 19.4, Bose Soundbar 900 through eARC on hdmi 2.1 cable.

Im aware that Bose doesnt support DTS nor DTS-HD nor DTS:X.
So I set Kodi to 2.0 channels and enabled passthrough for AC3 with AC3 recoding for the missing codecs, and EAC3. No dts, no dts-hd. Everything works as expected.

But the TrueHD passthrough option isnt showing up in the menu to activate for bypassing it to the Soundbar. I read different threads with that topic (audio hacks for custom audio config others than official android were removed in kodi, not supported SoCs, buggy firmware of source, wrong settings, tv bypass settings and so on)

One thing I wanted was also to change the audio output device and digital passthrough device to kodi packer (which was a solution in other threads) but those audio settings are greyed out.

Could pls have a look and tell whats wrong to a) not having a truehd passthrough option (not supported maybe from the system?) and b) why I have those audio devices greyed out?

Log on the top of this thread

Thank you
Can you give me a link to the other thread with the hacks you mentioned please? I don't have true HD on my list at all and my avr does support it.
(2022-06-25, 09:09)borygo77 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you give me a link to the other thread with the hacks you mentioned please? I don't have true HD on my list at all and my avr does support it.

Here
They were removed by the team, since they didnt have the people for maintaining it.
Nope - the fix for mibox was included in 19.4. Philips simply does not support TrueHD, therefore it's not shown. Kodi itself supports it via IEC and via Android Audiotrack RAW API - if the device supports it.
(2022-06-25, 21:52)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Nope - the fix for mibox was included in 19.4. Philips simply does not support TrueHD, therefore it's not shown. Kodi itself supports it via IEC and via Android Audiotrack RAW API - if the device supports it.

Was referring to that section:
Quote:On older kodi version we had some "intrusive" hacks for amlogic boxes concerning audio (separate jni definition, separate forced / hardcoded manual detections, separate, special reverse engineered format / channel combinations). These hacks broke modern amlogic boxes, famous example FireTV Cube.

Therefore after a grace period of more nearly 5 years (16, 17, 18, 19) - it was removed. That's it.

Here you see the change: 926d2e3#diff-9884fdeb14fb2a0179b4983db00f524e1298005123d633a3b2ed9a261248e1e9

But anyway, thank you for ckecking.

The Philips Oled 876 can DolbyAtmos. So I was wondering through what codec it was sent. Was assuming with eARC woulb be TrueHD. Through EAC3 it works.
(2022-06-25, 21:52)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Nope - the fix for mibox was included in 19.4. Philips simply does not support TrueHD, therefore it's not shown. Kodi itself supports it via IEC and via Android Audiotrack RAW API - if the device supports it.

The thing is my avr supports True-HD but it doesn't 4k video. Hence why I'm sending audio through sound extractor to amplifier.
I'm getting DTS-HD master and DTS high resolution on it no problem. True-HD is coming as 2 channel stereo pcm. DD+ atmos works no problem. Only True-HD is giving me hassle.

I got TCLc825. Is this TV limitation if true hd isn't shown in kodi pass through option? 😉
Your AVR is perfectly fine, but your TV cannot output it, having eARC whatsoever - if you post your kodi debug log, you can see that we even actively trying to open TrueHD, in case of firmware would just hide it ... and here you will see the print: Not Supported, as opening the sink fails.
Right will do some more tests and post debug log when back home Smile
There is some improvement right now in my setup. Deleted all and played with settings.
Getting True-HD as Dolby Digital right now 😁
Happy with that! Better than stereo I had before.

Here is a log with sample files I've downloaded from dolby and DTS sites.

Kodi debug log

If you'll find a way and it's posiiboe to improve anything please let me know! 😊 TiA!
Can you share what did you change? I cant get DD TrueHD to passtrough on Sony 75X90L to Yamaha RX-V485
(2022-06-26, 19:11)borygo77 Wrote: [ -> ]There is some improvement right now in my setup. Deleted all and played with settings.
Getting True-HD as Dolby Digital right now 😁
Happy with that! Better than stereo I had before.

Here is a log with sample files I've downloaded from dolby and DTS sites.

Kodi debug log

If you'll find a way and it's posiiboe to improve anything please let me know! 😊 TiA!

@borygo77 Would you share what did you change? I can't get the passtrough of DD TrueHD to work on Sony TV
Away from home right now. Coming home Sunday afternoon and will check it for you Smile
Hi mate! How did it go? Big Grin
Sorry but forgot about ya! 😜
Just tested. True-hd atmos is played as dolby digital with maven kodi installed to tcl TV android build in.

Think it's Transcode to Dolby Digital (ac3) which need to be marked in audio pass through settings to get it going this way. I've got all options available there marked. Including DTS-HD. Android IEC packer as output device. TV connected to avr with eARC.
(2024-01-09, 21:08)borygo77 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry but forgot about ya! 😜
Just tested. True-hd atmos is played as dolby digital with maven kodi installed to tcl TV android build in.

Think it's Transcode to Dolby Digital (ac3) which need to be marked in audio pass through settings to get it going this way. I've got all options available there marked. Including DTS-HD. Android IEC packer as output device. TV connected to avr with eARC.
Thanks!
Interestingly I haven't seen that option, but your advice led me to search how to turn it on, and it seems that it shows only when I switched my speakers to 2.0! Smile
With speakers in Kodiu set to 5.0 this option doesn't show at all, probably a bug?

I wonder if the transcoded audio is actually a properly encoded all streams (surround)
Pages: 1 2