Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ActivateWindow channel Group shortcut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am fairly new to this forum and I hope I can find an answer to what I try to achieve. I use a rasberry pi, libreelec kodi 19.2 madnox skin and the addon iptv simple client. I am trying to create a shortcut to the window to the channel groups. I'm trying to add a "Change action" in the sub menu through a "ActivateWindow(....). I found that it is possible to open the "pvrgroupmanager", but I just wat to open the groups to select from. I checked the window ID's but not find this in the list. I hope that this is the correct description of what I want to achieve.
Is it possible to create that short cut and what would be the windows ID
I am not entirely sure I understand what exactly your request is about, but from my limited experience with IPTV Simple I hypothesize two probable explanations:
  1. You want to bypass <Open Channels> and go straight to <Open Groups>, which is just one layer (hence one click) below. For that, I see no reason at all. Once you open channels you have a side blade in which all available actions are shown as click buttons. You click on <Groups> and pick up one.
  2. You want to bypass <Open Channels>/<Groups>/<pick group> (3 clicks in total) and open the desired group directly. This is a valid request indeed.
As a matter of fact I have been wanting to do the same for a very long time: Have a main menu item "NEWS", and below that a submenu item <Open Group News> to go straight to the relevant section of my IPTV list. (And have other sections of the list open in their pertinent home menu items, e.g. section "Documentary" under main menu item "Documentary".)

The wiki states unambiguously that this is not possible now (up to v19.x) but it shall be implemented in v20.x. It has to do with the fact that, for now, the PVR library section is underdeveloped when contrasted with the Videos library section. Kodi cannot "see" anything below PVR:root. It can only remember which group it opened last; it then it opens that group every time you click on ActivateWindow(TVChannels) again. Kind of disturbing, but this is as far as it can go with an underdeveloped library structure.

BTW I have not yet tested Kodi v20.x-devel so I haven't seen this new capability in action.
Where did you read this would be possible in kodi 20?
In this forum, an announcement of (anticipated) features of Kodi v20. By @
ronie. Funny thing is I cannot find it any more... It is not in announcements - there you get info only about PAST versions.
I just tested a submenu item <onclick>ActivateWindow(TVChannels,pvr://channels/tv/News)</onclick> on a Kodi 20 nightly (6 June 2022) I had installed and IT WORKS!
(2022-06-28, 11:39)DiMag Wrote: [ -> ]I just tested a submenu item <onclick>ActivateWindow(TVChannels,pvr://channels/tv/News)</onclick> on a Kodi 20 nightly (6 June 2022) I had installed and IT WORKS!

Should also work with Matrix.