Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable to scrape one specific Star Wars title (rest of series is OK)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’m having a problem loading one episode of the Star Wars series into Kodi. All episodes other than “A New Hope” load correctly, and each one has a nice summary when you click the movie icon (cast, actor thumbnails, etc). The movie icon of “A New Hope” however, does not show any details at all. Moreover, when I look in the “Sets” sub-menu for “Star Wars Collection”, it contains only 5 movies with “A New Hope” missing”

The title on themoviedb.org is “Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope”, but I can’t use a colon in the file or folder name since that’s an illegal character in Mac OS. I’ve tried lots of combinations, leaving out portions of the title such as “Episode IV”, “Star Wars”, etc., but nothing seems to work. I’ve managed to load over 300 movies into Kodi so far, and this is the first time that I can’t get Kodi (or the scraper) to recognize a movie and put into the correct set.

Any ideas of what I might try? Alternatively, if anyone has the Star Wars series loaded, which title did you use for episode 4?

Thanks in advance!

- Ken
Which scraper are you using?
I'm using whatever the default scraper is. I looked around and couldn't see where it could be set within Kodi.
If you go into your library sources and attempt to edit the movie source it should display the scraper being used (probably TMDB) failing that you could do a library update and capture the process in a Debug Log and provide a link to it here.

Have you tried renaming the movie folder and filename to "Star Wars (1977)"?
I haven't tried that yet, but I can. Did you mean this specific episode, or all six of them? Right now each episode is in a separate folder. Log file after a restart is here
I mean the first movie from 1977. Rename the movie folder and movie file name inside it to Star Wars (1977) and then rescan your library. You'll need to set your log to 'debug' mode first then perform the scan. Instructions can be found at Debug Log
OK, thanks. Set debug log, renamed the file/folder, and log uploaded to here. The episode does appear now with the correct data (cast, etc).