Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Present more information to user when trying to fix mismatched movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sometimes fixing a mismatch is a process of trial and error.
For example I have a mismatched movie The Trip (2021)

When I try to fix it I have to choose between 4 identical titles with no extra info to help me. So I choose the first one... wrong. Repeat process, choose the second.. wrong. Repeat process, choose the third... wrong. Finally on the 4th try I select the correct movie. It takes a long time because each time I have to repeat the full process.

If it gave me some extra information - such as a small poster - then it would be much quicker and more intuitive to fix a mismatch.
(2022-07-05, 12:08)voochi Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes fixing a mismatch is a process of trial and error.
I'll agree on that, It's too bad that movie makers decide to have the same titles & dates for their releases. but you did get the right one after some effort. In tough cases, I'll resort to the actual listing at one of the meta-data web sites and make an .nfo with the appropriate URL. Your request is more of a 3rd party scraper issue which is moving away from Kodi control.