Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't see zip files on Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

New here and new to Kodi but when I try to install a third party repository I have a problem.  I had the url to 'Add Source' and that goes through ok but then when I try to install repository from a zip file and go into the directory of the source that I've added there is no zip file displayed.  I've gone into File Manager and looked in the folder and there is nothing on there either.  In 'System' I have 'Unknown sources' enabled.  I can also install things ok from the default repositories.

Can someone help me with this please?
Without actually telling us the repository and / or zip file your are trying to install how can anyone possibly know what is going on to be able to help you?

An educated guess: you’re not adding the correct URL or the URL is outdated. Again we are not mind readers and can’t tell without knowing what you are trying to add.

As you are new the forum be sure to review the Forum Rules, piracy policy and what are considered Banned Add-ons (wiki) before you reply.
It won't work with any zip files as I've tried several addons, it's the same problem with all of them.  I also forgot to mention that this Kodi is on a firestick.  I think the url is correct as I mistyped one and it came up with an error message because of it so I think the url is fine but as you said they could have been outdated.  Is there a known working url that you know of that I could try and install something?  That way we can see whether that is the problem or not?
Have you read my previous reply in its entirety? You seem reluctant to provide any actual information (such as the actual URLs you have tried) to allow us to help you. Why is that?

If you can't / don't follow the simple instructions provided to you then we cannot help you on this forum. I would suggest that if you are unable / unwilling to provide the requested information then have a browse through the addon support pages of this forum and find a legitimate addon that provides a URL for adding a repository. 

If this fails then ideally you should be providing a Debug Log after replicating the problem for us to see what is actually going on and so be able to provide assistance.
(2022-07-07, 08:07)andrew11 Wrote: [ -> ]and it came up with an error message
So do we need to guess what the error message was?

(2022-07-07, 08:07)andrew11 Wrote: [ -> ]I think the url is correct as I mistyped one and it came up with an error message because of it so I think the url is fine but as you said they could have been outdated.
Why don't you simply tell what you are trying to install, instead of keeping us in the dark?
The more you are avoiding our questions, the bigger our assumption is that this is all about something not entirely 100% legal.
And if that is indeed the case, don't bother asking any more questions.
(2022-07-07, 09:25)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-07-07, 08:07)andrew11 Wrote: [ -> ]and it came up with an error message
So do we need to guess what the error message was?

It doesn't matter what the error message was as I said I know why it occurred in that I typed the url incorrectly.  If you put as much effort into reading comments properly as you do trying to display a bad toxic attitude you wouldn't make such mistakes.
(2022-07-06, 22:54)andrew11 Wrote: [ -> ]I had the url to 'Add Source' and that goes through ok but then when I try to install repository from a zip file and go into the directory of the source that I've added there is no zip file displayed.
Have you opened the URL in a web browser to see if a zip file is thereHuh

(2022-07-08, 00:42)andrew11 Wrote: [ -> ]If you put as much effort into reading comments properly as you do trying to display a bad toxic attitude you wouldn't make such mistakes.
Well, you are the one displaying the toxic attitude. I have read your post and find it slightly confusing. I am sure the others do also which is why they are asking for more info.
As you are new here, how about being a bit more polite to those trying to help you. If the gurus on the forum are asking you for more info, then obviously you should do as they ask, or find another forum that can decipher your questions.
(2022-07-08, 00:42)andrew11 Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't matter what the error message was as I said I know why it occurred in that I typed the url incorrectly.
We don't have a view on what you are trying to accomplish, we're not sitting on a chair right next to you. So you'll need to tell us exactly what is happening or we cannot give you proper directions. But it sounds like you have the problem all figured out already, and there is no further need for us to step in.

(2022-07-08, 00:42)andrew11 Wrote: [ -> ]If you put as much effort into reading comments properly as you do trying to display a bad toxic attitude you wouldn't make such mistakes.
I'm not the one making mistakes here, dude. If you are here to tell us how to do our 'job', then you really are in the wrong place. You have been swerving around our questions from the start. In case you forgot, YOU are the one wanting 'support' from us, yet you don't want to provide sufficient information. I'm surely not the only volunteer here that has little patience for someone who joins a forum as a "know-it-all", and on top of that starts to tells us what to do or how to do it just to conceal his own indecisiveness. It doesn't work that way, Einstein.

We know our Kodi application and what it does, we have been doing this for quite some time now. And yes, there are a number of forum rules (wiki) that apply when you visit us. On top of that is the unwritten rule that you shouldn't piss off the people that you actually seek support from. So, with all of that out of the way, are you perhaps now willing to provide any useful information on your Kodi setup?
Karellen Wrote:Have you opened the URL in a web browser to see if a zip file is thereHuh

This should always be the first step in a situation like this to verify the zip file is actually at the URL. If a web browser doesn't find it then it's simply no longer there.
I was having a similar issue where I couldn't see the .zip file for a repository when I went to 'Install from zip file' and then navigated to the folder inside Kodi. I eventually figured out it was OneDrive causing the problem. When the .zip file was in a OneDrive synced folder it wasn't visible in Kodi. When I moved it to a non-OneDrive folder (eg. C:\Temp\), I could see it just fine.

Hope that helps somebody having a similar issue.
I just had this issue on Kodi 20 running on Android.
The issue for me was that Kodi didn't have sufficient file access permissions.
I had to go into the Android System Settings > Apps > Kodi > Permissions and Set file permissions to always allow in order to see .zip files in my download folder.

Maybe this helps someone
(2023-01-24, 23:34)Lomsor Wrote: [ -> ]I just had this issue on Kodi 20 running on Android.
The issue for me was that Kodi didn't have sufficient file access permissions.
I had to go into the Android System Settings > Apps > Kodi > Permissions and Set file permissions to always allow in order to see .zip files in my download folder.

Maybe this helps someone
Thank you
(2022-07-08, 07:33)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-07-08, 00:42)andrew11 Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't matter what the error message was as I said I know why it occurred in that I typed the url incorrectly.
We don't have a view on what you are trying to accomplish, we're not sitting on a chair right next to you. So you'll need to tell us exactly what is happening or we cannot give you proper directions. But it sounds like you have the problem all figured out already, and there is no further need for us to step in.

I'm not the one making mistakes here, dude. If you are here to tell us how to do our 'job', then you really are in the wrong place. You have been swerving around our questions from the start. In case you forgot, YOU are the one wanting 'support' from us, yet you don't want to provide sufficient information. I'm surely not the only volunteer here that has little patience for someone who joins a forum as a "know-it-all", and on top of that starts to tells us what to do or how to do it just to conceal his own indecisiveness. It doesn't work that way, Einstein.

We know our Kodi application and what it does, we have been doing this for quite some time now. And yes, there are a number of forum rules (wiki) that apply when you visit us. On top of that is the unwritten rule that you shouldn't piss off the people that you actually seek support from. So, with all of that out of the way, are you perhaps now willing to provide any useful information on your Kodi setup?
This is mist toxic mods i ever seen in the internet since 2000s.
You are guys such retards. I really hope you are both die of butt cancer
(2023-02-11, 18:32)Msky Wrote: [ -> ]You are guys such retards. I really hope you are both die of butt cancer

Goodbye.
I experienced the same issue, and your suggested approach worked for me. I appreciate your generosity and thank you for your kindness and respect for others
Pages: 1 2