Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to get rid of ::cue() in subtitles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm getting tired of subtitles where the ::cue() seems to be not interpreted.

Example: (example from VLC, not Kodi, but I don't have a better screenshot).

Is there a way to stop displaying this? ::cue seems to be some kind of command to alter text like html.
Have you tried on a current Kodi 20 nightly?

scott s.
If it’s happening in Kodi and VLC could it be your source of subtitles?

Whee are they from and have you tried getting different ones? I have never seen happen happen with my subs.
(2022-07-09, 01:26)Dangelus Wrote: [ -> ]If it’s happening in Kodi and VLC could it be your source of subtitles?

Whee are they from and have you tried getting different ones? I have never seen happen happen with my subs.
They should be from WebVTT subs that use CSS styling via ::cue
I know we added WebVTT parsing in PR#20244 though not sure how much CSS styles are supported.

scott s.
to check where the problem come from is needed you attach here the subtitle file

if the subtitlte is embedded in the video file, and the video file is a MKV format, then you can use InviskaMKVExtract software to extract the subtitle file
Or gMKVExtractGUI

scott s.
Here is an example of subtitles. I have stipped the end after the last ::cue occurance

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lnuT7Nq...sp=sharing
::cue is not part of the srt spec.  They should not be included with SRT, SSA, or ASS subtitles.  Per SubRip spec, those characters are treated as part of the subtitle to be displayed.

There's plenty of resources (online and offline) to convert VTT to SRT.  I haven't tried this specific conversion, but you might try Subtitle Edit.

scott s.
how about just skip the cue part?
(2022-08-26, 07:50)clutch Wrote: [ -> ]how about just skip the cue part?

your file is malformed and not follow in full the SubRip format type,
contains some ASS headers in the SubRip text field, so this is not a Kodi problem
you have to find a good subtitle file, or as alternative manually edit your files