Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: On MacOS not able to add my Synology Videos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

i am not able to add the videos from Synology to Kodi.

I get an errormessage: source not available

or: no permission

What do ii have to do, so that i can add my Videos from Synology to Kodi for MacOS?
That's not a lot of information to go on. Synology NASes support various file protocols that Kodi also can use, so which one are you using?
Maybe a screenshot will help?
I can't get any further here...

Thanks!

Ps. How can i post a screenshot, please?
There is:

macintosh HD
Network File System (NFS)
Preboot
Update
Volumes
Windows-Network (SMB)
Zeroconf-Browser
Netzwerkfreigabe hinzufügen
(2022-07-20, 21:16)User101xy Wrote: [ -> ]Ps. How can i post a screenshot, please?
Use the i-button in the text editor menu to upload a picture to Imgur and get a URL automagically.

(2022-07-20, 21:19)User101xy Wrote: [ -> ]There is:
SMB and NFS are the most common file protocols for file network protocols. You will need to enable at least one of them in the Syno Nas.
ImageImage

Thanks!

But NFS and SMB are activated and I still can't import films from Synology into Kodi.
Unfortunately, when I click on NFS, nothing happens.

When I click on Zeroconf I get an error message.

ImageImage
Network browsing in Kodi is in a bit of a mess at the moment, I'm afraid. It's a work in progress.

SMB server browsing should be fixed in Kodi 20 (after all Microsoft's implemented changes/updates from SMBv1). Kodi now defaults to SMBv2 support, but it has settings in its GUI to also still use SMBv1 (which is not recommended as it is an unsafe protocol).

NFS server browsing "sometimes" works, depending on the combination of client and server devices. NFS streaming usually always works, so you just need to enter the NFS connection details into the sources.xml file manually, and then they'll work.™

BTW, your NAS shows NFS v3. Version 4 has been out for quite a while, so is your Synology a quite older model? Which one?
Thank you very much!

I have a Synology DS218play and the problem affects my Mac.

Everything works fine on my Windows computers, only the Mac causes problems.
Hi

I got it.

I downloaded Kodi Pre 20, don't know if it has something to do with it, but I added a server (syno) manually, with NFS protocol and now I have access to my movies.

Many thanks for your support!!