Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Error casting video stream to Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Relatively new user of kodi here and still working out a few kinks.  I'm running version Kodi 19.4.0 on LibreElec on a Raspberry Pi 4.

I'm trying to cast a video steam from my computer over to play on Kodi which is attached to my TV.  I'm using the Firefox plugin Cast Kodi to do this, but I don't think that's relevant as it ultimately just sends a stream url to the Kodi box.  Anyway, I've been able to successfully stream a fully public url from, say YouTube.  But I've run into an error ("Playback Failed - One or more items failed to play.") when I've tried playing both a paid stream (a rented movie from YouTube) and when trying to play a BallySports stream which requires a login with my TV provider.  Both streams play fine on my computer, I just haven't been able to open them via Kodi. So my guess is the issue is related to these authenticated streams, but I'm really not sure if it's related or not.  I just want to watch some baseball on the big screen Smile

My log file is here: http://ix.io/45vq.  I think the relevant portion would be the error below about creating a demuxer.  And just for reference, that log file also will show a successful stream being opened from Youtube. 
Here is the error portion:
Code:
2022-07-24 12:14:50.843 T:915 INFO : Creating Demuxer
2022-07-24 12:14:50.938 T:915 ERROR : Open - error probing input format, https://www.ballysports.com/watch/live/m...gers-x5678
2022-07-24 12:14:50.938 T:915 ERROR : OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
2022-07-24 12:14:50.938 T:915 INFO : CVideoPlayer::OnExit()

I've tried looking around the forums and couldn't find any issues that seemed comparable or recent from version 19+.  Let me know if there is more or different information that would be helpful to see, as I mentioned, pretty new user here.

Thanks,
Streams with DRM won't work when casting with uPnP.