Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Why are the actions 'volampup' and 'volampdown' blocked by audio passthrough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I understand why the actions 'VolumeUp' and 'VolumeDown' are blocked, kodi simply give the audio infomation untouched to the audio device.
But why is it not allowed to change the volume settings direktly at this device, at the amplifier?

Have I something overseen, or is this (CEC-)Feature just not implemented yet?
Please don't take the latter as an accusation, I just don't need to look anymore then.
I agree and I think it's even worse. When using the 'play using...' option it WILL send the current Kodi volume level to the selected device's built-in media player which for many would be >90% when using regular Kodi playback. Never was quite sure if this was due to my setup which is all very standard or implemented this way on purpose, which would be a little bizarre. What is even the point of the 'play using...' option if you need to immediately press mute or wake up the whole neighborhood? Or, alternatively why can't you set the 'play using...' as default so you can adjust the Kodi volume lower once and forget about it. I would love for this to work perfectly, it would vastly improve the quality of the product.
I think you'll need a CEC adapter if you want Kodi to control things using CEC.
The RPi4 has a build in cec 1.4 adapter. That's not the problem.