Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Widget "Recently added movies"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Everybody.
I have duplicated names on my widget . How i can clean it up or edit?
Thank you
If you have 'duplicated' movies, check the full path of each movie in the Information page under the Refresh button. Typically there will be some difference in path or filename because of a small spelling difference.
Thank you for respond.
Problem is: I am using TiniMediaManager for scraper and in  Kodi "Information provider" i have "Local information only". If i scan manually "Scan for new content "( by mistake ) or Kodi time to time do it after updates i have duplicates.  Sad
(2022-08-07, 03:46)Zavulon Wrote: [ -> ]If i scan manually "Scan for new content "( by mistake ) or Kodi time to time do it after updates i have duplicates
Are your movies stored on a network? Maybe the paths to your movies are changing.

As klojum suggested, check the path and try and find the difference...

even the  path changed ( which wasn't change ) where the Kodi keep that information ? All scrapers information collected the same directory with MKV files on NAS. This information created by TiniMedeaManager. Kodi use it and duplicated if manually scan.
(2022-08-07, 04:04)Zavulon Wrote: [ -> ]even the  path changed
So you checked the two duplicates and found that the path was different for both of them?
When you connected your NAS to the network, did you allocate it a static IP address? If you don't your DHCP server may be allocating a different address to the NAS each time it starts up.
My NAS has static IP and  the path of movies the same .
You know , you are right. One movie showing on on mapping address B://Moves/action .Second on smb:/192.168.0.4/Movies/action .
Any way how i can fix that Sad ?
(2022-08-07, 04:43)Zavulon Wrote: [ -> ]Any way how i can fix that
Delete both movies from the library. Scan it back into the library. You are using NFO files anyway, so it will only take a few seconds.
Also make note of the path again in case you get more duplicates then figure out why the paths keep changing. If you have a Static IP address, then it should not change. Mine never do, even after 7+ years.
(2022-08-07, 05:17)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-08-07, 04:43)Zavulon Wrote: [ -> ]Any way how i can fix that
Delete both movies from the library. Scan it back into the library. You are using NFO files anyway, so it will only take a few seconds.
Also make note of the path again in case you get more duplicates then figure out why the paths keep changing. If you have a Static IP address, then it should not change. Mine never do, even after 7+ years.
If i delete it from Kodi, it will be delete  physically . How i can safe all files?
(2022-08-07, 05:42)Zavulon Wrote: [ -> ]If i delete it from Kodi, it will be delete  physically . How i can safe all files?
Kodi only deletes the library entry.
If you enable setting 2.4... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/General it will also delete the media files, but you get a warning first.
If you want to keep safe, then don't enable that setting.
(2022-08-07, 06:30)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-08-07, 05:42)Zavulon Wrote: [ -> ]If i delete it from Kodi, it will be delete  physically . How i can safe all files?
Kodi only deletes the library entry.
If you enable setting 2.4... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/General it will also delete the media files, but you get a warning first.
If you want to keep safe, then don't enable that setting.
If I disable 2.4 my content menu doesn't have options to delete media files Nerd
(2022-08-07, 06:58)Zavulon Wrote: [ -> ]If I disable 2.4 my content menu doesn't have options to delete media files Image
Well, I'm not really sure what you want. You don't want to disable the setting because you want to delete your media files, but you won't delete the library entry because you are scared it will delete your media files.
It does not automatically delete. It warns you, it asks you if you are sure.
But I'll leave it up to you to figure it out.
well, my question was : is it possible to clean the database just on widget   "Recently added  movie".
After your helped me I found that Kodi look up folder on Mapped B:// drive and some how on smb://192.168.0.4 ( which also right address ). May be there is setting on kodi which possible to stop scan samba address? I checked Library -> Video it is only B: drive
(2022-08-07, 08:01)Zavulon Wrote: [ -> ]is it possible to clean the database just on widget   "Recently added  movie".
So you are asking how to clean the Recently Added Movie widget to remove the duplicates?
Is the duplicate still in the library? If no, then just restarting Kodi should clear out and refresh the widget.
Pages: 1 2