Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HDMI Signal Timing on a PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is an odd question, and I'm not sure the correct way to phrase it.

I have a Windows 10 PC connected to a Sony TV (KDL-46Z4100) via HDMI from an nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER.

When not using Kodi, the TV reports the connection as a "PC" disabling a number of calibration control items. However, when Kodi 19.4 launches, the TV blanks for a moment (as if changing resolution) and the TV recognizes it as "HDMI" (as if it were a standard device) and all calibration and control items are accessible (desired result). When switching apps or leaving Kodi, the TV reverts back to "PC".

My question: What is Kodi doing to make the TV believe it's a standard device? Is there a specific resolution/refresh rate/timing/signal Kodi is outputting? The goal is to achieve this at all times, not just when Kodi is launched.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
(2022-08-10, 05:47)apshai Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a specific resolution/refresh rate/timing/signal Kodi is outputting?

Looking at a debug-enabled Kodi log file should get us some initial information on that.
Normally Kodi's GUI starts with whatever the underlying OS is running at.
Thanks so much for that. Indeed the log was set to the system resolution/refresh rate.

I found out what was going on... I'm using the Titan Bingie Mod Skin which opens with a video of the "Netflix Logo"... this was changing the refresh rate to 24Hz, which changed the TV out of PC mode.

Confirmed by restoring the original Kodi Skin and the change did not happen. Thanks for the help.