Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Nvidia Shield TV Pro IPTV Passthrough LPCM 5.1 Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

i have bought a new Nividia Shield Tv Pro with newest Firmware.

In Kodi 19.4 Matrix i have a Problem with Passthrough Dolby Digital + or use LPCM Multichannel 5.1

I read that Kodi is in IPTV programmed to use 5.1 Multichannel instead of Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital +

But my Problem is that 5.1 Multichannel is not used sometimes if the Source is 5.1 Channels.

If i use 2.0 Channels and set the Passthrough Options to decode AC3 to Dolby Digital then its used every Time if 5.1 Signal is used on IPTV Source.

But decode i donĀ“t need, why LPCM 5.1 is not used for every IPTV Channel with 5.1 Source ?
Original Thread i have found is here, there is a workaround to use Dolby Digital instead of 5.1 LPCM:

359122 (thread)
In the Shield menus make sure Dolby Audio Processing is off if you want Multichannel PCM output.

Then in Kodi the Number of Channels needs to be set to 5.1.
Hi,

you mean Dolby Digital Transcoding to AC3 turned off

Number of Channels is set to 5.1

Passthrough = enabled

Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver = Enabled
Enabled Dolby Digital transcoding = Disabled (only shown when Channels set to 2.0)
Dolby Digital + (E-AC3) capable receiver = Enabled
DTS capable receiver = Enabled
TrueHD capable receiver = Enabled
DTS-HD capable receiver = Enabled

This is my Setting at the Moment
No this should be off in Shield settings

As the Shield can't do Multichannel PCM while that is on.
I can confirm that LPCM 5.1 works again after turning "Dolby Audio Processing" off.

That switch is labelled badly. It should be something like "Dolby Audio Processing Always-On" because when activated, it runs the Dolby decoder all the time. It is intended to eliminate the short delay that otherwise happens when a Dolby stream starts, but the major downside is that it breaks LPCM 5.1 support, so turning it off is advised for anyone who needs LPCM 5.1.
Dolby still works with that switch turned off: it just has a short delay while the Dolby stream is detected like this device has always had before they added the switch.
Ah ok big thanks Smile

It works fine