Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Issues Creating Concerts Node
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys - I'm running Kodi Matrix 19.4 with the latest version of Amber and I would like to add my music concerts - I've been following this guide Music_concerts (wiki) to get my concerts added properly.

I've created the rules as per the guide, however I can still see my concerts present in the 'Movie Node' - It seems there is some additional work required to get this working with the Amber skin.  Also, I noticed when I first attempted to install the 'Node Editor' addon, it failed.  I had to copy the folders mentioned in section 3 of Video_nodes (wiki) to my userdata folder in order for the addon to install.

In addition to getting this working, I would also like to have a custom shelf for my 'Concerts' main menu item that lists recently added concerts (akin to recently added movies) if this is possible?

Many thanks for any help!

Kind Regards
(2022-08-20, 03:17)yuljk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys - I'm running Kodi Matrix 19.4 with the latest version of Amber and I would like to add my music concerts - I've been following this guide Music_concerts (wiki) to get my concerts added properly.

I've created the rules as per the guide, however I can still see my concerts present in the 'Movie Node' - It seems there is some additional work required to get this working with the Amber skin.  Also, I noticed when I first attempted to install the 'Node Editor' addon, it failed.  I had to copy the folders mentioned in section 3 of Video_nodes (wiki) to my userdata folder in order for the addon to install.

In addition to getting this working, I would also like to have a custom shelf for my 'Concerts' main menu item that lists recently added concerts (akin to recently added movies) if this is possible?

Many thanks for any help!

Kind Regards

@yuljk , the most important step here is creating the video node for your Concerts.  Have you been able to do that? If so, then you should be able to add the menu item and the shelf in Amber as you want to.  Following are the steps to do so.  In the following steps, I am using as an example a video node I created called Disney, which has movies where the path contains "Disney".  This is similar to what you would have created for your Concerts, a video node that has movies where the path contains "Concerts".

1. Go to Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout, Customize Home Menu and Shelves:

2. In the resulting screen, on the right, go up to the button bar and click on + to add a menu item:

3.  Go down to "Choose item for menu":

4.  Go to "Video Library":

5. And look for your video node.  In my case, I created the Disney video node before the other options, so it appears before Files:

6. In the menu configuration dialog, go down to Shelf 1.  We will be creating a custom shelf with the recently added Disney (in your case, it would be Concerts).

7.  Look for Video Library:

8.  And again, look for your video node:

9.  Give your shelf a title.  In the example, I left the default name, which is the name of the node.

10.  Then, choose Date Added as the Sort By, Descending as the Sort Order, and set a Limit.  If your node is very large, this is important to speed up loading of the shelf.  In this example, I selected 8.

11.  Then, go back to the main menu and Amber should build the updated menu.  This is the result in my case:

Please note that if you do not exclude the folder where you have your Concerts from the video source(s) that have the rest of your movies, the concerts will still show with your movies.  It would be best if you have your concerts in a folder that is not within your movie folder hierarchy.

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart