Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How create a Radio menu button?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody. I really like the Amber skin, but I noticed that for example the Radio button is missing in the menu.
Is there a guide or add-on to create it? Thank you
Both the TV and Radio main menu items relate to PVR (wiki) set-ups.

If you have a PVR addon installed and linked up to a working back-end to supply the channels, then one or both items will automatically be created, depending on what channels are being made available to Kodi.
(2022-08-20, 11:24)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Both the TV and Radio main menu items relate to PVR (wiki) set-ups.

If you have a PVR addon installed and linked up to a working back-end to supply the channels, then one or both items will automatically be created, depending on what channels are being made available to Kodi.
thanks for your answer. I tried to add a pvr, the radio button did not appear but I figured out how to create all the menus and submenus and then make it appear (following the settings of the other menus present as an example). Thanks for the input
The (proper) radio item will only appear when the PVR is correctly installed and is receiving suitable radio streams. Those streams will automagically appear in the menu without needing to do anything else (same for the TV item for PVR TV streams).

But yes, you can make a menu item called "Radio" manually, which I'm guessing from your answer is what you've done. Hopefully that suffices for what you need, and if so all is good. It will just have to be populated manually as well, like any other menu item.
@DarrenHill 

thanks again. I have seen however that receiving a station and starting playback takes some time, it is not as immediate as on the yamaha AV receiver on Net Radio (and they are the same radio channels).
Who knows why ...