Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: kodi doesn't work anymore on my new android car radio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello, I'm so sorry because kodi 19.4 matrix and kodi v20 (Nexus) Pre-release Builds doesn't work on my new android car stereo, when i open kodi the apk crashes.

I have a Dasaita car radio with PX6 - rk3399 - MTCD head unit and I installed on it hal9k custom ROM from xda-developers web site:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-p...6.4314163/

I don't know if it works on stock rom but I think it is a waste to use a stock ROM and that the geek people are quite large.
I also think that Kodi should be compatible on as many devices as possible so I kindly ask you if it is possible receive all previous versions of kodi for test them on my head unit
for to find a working one so I can post it on hal9k tread or if it is possible to work on the new kodi version for solve this issue because I'm not a developer.

thank you in advance for your great work.
(2022-08-21, 11:41)nicolapit Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if it works on stock rom but I think it is a waste to use a stock ROM and that the geek people are quite large.
So, you come to us with some Android device, which we have no technical details of whatsoever. You've already put on an alternate ROM on it because "f*ck standard ROMs", and which TeamKodi has nothing to do with. So it's not really surprising that Kodi may not work initially (all while you're fatshaming 'geek people' in the process?). Hmm.

(2022-08-21, 11:41)nicolapit Wrote: [ -> ]so I kindly ask you if it is possible receive all previous versions of kodi for test them on my head unit
for to find a working one
Take your download pick from here: https://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/

(2022-08-21, 11:41)nicolapit Wrote: [ -> ]or if it is possible to work on the new kodi version for solve this issue
At this moment we have absolutely no way of knowing which direction to search of any problems on your Android car radio. Try getting a proper debug log (wiki) from a running Kodi instance.
Also, make sure that the refresh rate of the display on your car radio is not more than 60Hz.
thank you very much for your reply I know is my fault, at any way I installed kodi matrix 19.4 on another 2 different car radios with different custom rom Malaysk and Boorondock and it works fine.
now I will try all other versions you sent me for to understand if I can solve the issue and I'll let you know, thank you again
I tried all 59 versions of kodi but no one works, can someone arrange a version to 120 Hz for me pleae so I can test it? or tell me how can I set in my device 60 Hz? or include in the next build the possibility to swap to 120 Hz?
in any case kodi is running out of steam because is always less compatible with new devices as mine that isn't the only model at 120 Hz and there are several smartphone at 90-120-144 and 166 Hz.
yes is true the battery drains but the images are smoother and the eyes become less tense when watching videos if the purpose of kodi is to watch tv so I hope you will solve in the next versions.

(2022-08-21, 19:58)nicolapit Wrote: [ -> ]I tried all 59 versions of kodi but no one works

Hmm... None of those were likely to be optimized for >60Hz screens.
Have you tried the latest nightly build for Kodi 20 Nexus?
yes but without success