Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EVOLUTION skin for KODI Krypton / Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
EVOLUTION skin for KODI Krypton / Nexus

watch gallery

Hi there,

Evolution is a project that I have been working on for some time and that I started to develop for my personal needs and that I have been using for quite a while on my various screens and especially on my Android TV.
The goal was to make it as easy as possible to use the remote control by using only the arrow keys and the enter key (in some cases the return key).
The second goal was to achieve smooth and simple navigation.

The pluses of this skin in my humble opinion:
- Ease of navigation with 6 keys (up, down, left, right, enter, return).
- Easy to use thanks to the grouping of functions, no contextual menu but all the main functions accessible directly from the information page.
- Simplified settings thanks to a large panel at the bottom of each page.
- Direct access to "video" and "music" playlists (in some cases that I could explain to you later).
- Automatic sequence of episodes of a series.
- An ultra simple and functional OSD display.
- A display adapted to large TV screens.

The minuses of this skin:
- not using any addons or scripts, certain Kodi parameters have to be modified manually before installation in order to avoid certain bugs (see below).
- some Kodi features won't be accessible from this skin (for now) and others never (useless in my opinion).
- specially focused on the Kodi library and not on online content, the integration of extensions will be possible later but certainly in a much simpler display in the form of a list for example.

!!! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SKIN !!!

1- In the Kodi settings in advanced or expert mode, in the "Media" section, "General" tab, please uncheck the "Show parent folder item" box.
2- In the Kodi settings in advanced or expert mode, in the "Media" section, "Video" tab uncheck the "Show movie sets" box.
3- A bug that I can't work around at the moment also comes when a movie, series or album title includes the characters "&" or "," so I advise you to rename these files before using the skin but there are very few and in the worst case the film will not be displayed !

Please note, at the series level, when you click on the "Start" or "Review" button for a series, all episodes are marked as unseen. This is the only way to be able to chain the episodes without any problem related to the last episode seen that we have in Kodi. Indeed, if you launch an episode and stop it after a few seconds, Kodi will not mark it "in progress" on the other hand it will mark it as "last episode read" which poses a big problem! The only way to fix this was to mark all episodes as "unseen" at the start of a series playback.

Since some of you asked me, I put a link to download the zip file from Uptobox.
I will replace this file as the project progresses and point it out in the thread.

- If you find bugs in the usable part (videos, series, music) you can let me know here.
- I prefer to specify that I will not make many changes to what I have already done since it suits me perfectly personally, however if some good ideas come to your mind you can let me know here.

Hoping that the skin does not have too many bugs because it is difficult to test all possible KODI configurations, here is the zip file attached :

https://uptobox.com/dozqni8cqkya  (UPDATED 18/09/2022 - 17:28)

- 22/08/22 : added multifanart support in fanart fullscreen view (from home page and info window)
- 28/08/22 : added the ability to display movies and TV series starting with a numeric character in the list of movies and TV series by letter.
                     added support for 3rd party extensions with similar processing as Movies and Albums.
                     added option to hide time, weather or both in skin configuration window.
- 04/09/22 : added the skin settings window with several options.
                     added in the lists if no landscape available.
                     added support for downloading and searching subtitles from fullscreen video.  
                     added the ability to set the saturation of color effects from the skin settings window.
                     added an experimental button to skip the intro in TV shows episodes.
- 11/09/22 : added search engine.
                     added stop button in video OSD.
                     modify the way to navigate in extensions. 
                     added extensions to settings menu.
- 18/09/22 : added final research window.
                     fix some small bugs.
Wow!!! looks really nice and promising.
I`m going to try the skin on my various devices, fire tv and apple tv 4K kodi.

Thx!! Smile
(2022-08-21, 17:52)tetsuo2es Wrote: [ -> ]Wow!!! looks really nice and promising.
I`m going to try the skin on my various devices, fire tv and apple tv 4K kodi.

Thx!! Smile
Thank you, I await a return with impatience hoping that there will not be too many negative things  Wink
can't download zip file 😶🙁
Hello again!) Good evening) I want to thank you again for giving me this opportunity, the opportunity to try the skin in action Smile In fact, I've been waiting for him very much 😁 I would like to try to write a detailed
detailed impression and opinion, so to speak =)
1: I really liked the navigation! I haven't seen anything like that in this regard. Very convenient quick navigation to sort everything possible 😃 I'm just stuck on this feature! Of course, along with this fast built-in sorting function, I also liked the navigation of the menu itself as well as the animation!  It is very aesthetic, neat and beautiful.  I really liked everything together!) Animation + navigation +convenient and quick sorting!) This is a triple COMBO 😃
2: The appearance of OSD is something incredible! It makes you watch a movie. It looks like Netflix, but much more somehow
more convenient, more practical..But it's really beautiful!)
3: Fake disc for both movies and TV shows 😋 It also greatly complements the information window by adding interest in viewing content. Many thanks separately for such an interesting feature Smile
4: When I watched the video, I didn't really understand how the zoom functions work, but now I saw...I also really liked these features! The ability to automatically zoom in a few seconds is something incredible!)
4: I think I'll love TV series more than movies 😁 Watching episodes is an insanely fascinating process that attracts very much!) The ability to see the angular thumbnail,the ability to change. I have never seen such a beautifully integrated look of seasons and episodes anywhere! Thank you very much for this!)
5: How trailers work. It was visible in the video, but you can only feel it yourself! Incredibly smooth and very fast!)

The only thing I bumped into and that I may not have realized is the ability to stop the movie (not pause) But for some reason I didn't find the Stop button in the OSD panel..I also wanted to ask you if it is possible to add any art to OSD (for example, the name of the movie in the form of a logo)

The function of adding playlists directly to the home screen is also a very cool thing!)But I didn't really understand how I can create playlists while in the skin..

That's basically all I've been able to see so far and my comments and opinions Smile
Thank you very much again for this opportunity! Really incredible skin!)

Sorry for the request, but is it possible in this skin to add the ability to rotate the background when you press the Fullscreen button. Now when you press the Fullscreen button it shows only one background image on the whole screen. It would be of course interesting if it is possible to add rotation extrafanart for this button Smile
(2022-08-21, 19:15)jokero009 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello again!) Good evening) I want to thank you again for giving me this opportunity, the opportunity to try the skin in action Smile In fact, I've been waiting for him very much 😁 I would like to try to write a detailed
detailed impression and opinion, so to speak =)
1: I really liked the navigation! I haven't seen anything like that in this regard. Very convenient quick navigation to sort everything possible 😃 I'm just stuck on this feature! Of course, along with this fast built-in sorting function, I also liked the navigation of the menu itself as well as the animation!  It is very aesthetic, neat and beautiful.  I really liked everything together!) Animation + navigation +convenient and quick sorting!) This is a triple COMBO 😃
2: The appearance of OSD is something incredible! It makes you watch a movie. It looks like Netflix, but much more somehow
more convenient, more practical..But it's really beautiful!)
3: Fake disc for both movies and TV shows 😋 It also greatly complements the information window by adding interest in viewing content. Many thanks separately for such an interesting feature Smile
4: When I watched the video, I didn't really understand how the zoom functions work, but now I saw...I also really liked these features! The ability to automatically zoom in a few seconds is something incredible!)
4: I think I'll love TV series more than movies 😁 Watching episodes is an insanely fascinating process that attracts very much!) The ability to see the angular thumbnail,the ability to change. I have never seen such a beautifully integrated look of seasons and episodes anywhere! Thank you very much for this!)
5: How trailers work. It was visible in the video, but you can only feel it yourself! Incredibly smooth and very fast!)

The only thing I bumped into and that I may not have realized is the ability to stop the movie (not pause) But for some reason I didn't find the Stop button in the OSD panel..I also wanted to ask you if it is possible to add any art to OSD (for example, the name of the movie in the form of a logo)
I wanted to know about one of the functions that you implemented in your last skin. This is a blur setting and a very rich selection of settings in this regard. In a word, will it be possible to somehow play with the blur in the future? For example, enhance the blur (make it brighter) Or something like that..

The function of adding playlists directly to the home screen is also a very cool thing!)But I didn't really understand how I can create playlists while in the skin..

That's basically all I've been able to see so far and my comments and opinions Smile
Thank you very much again for this opportunity! Really incredible skin!)

Sorry for the request, but is it possible in this skin to add the ability to rotate the background when you press the Fullscreen button. Now when you press the Fullscreen button it shows only one background image on the whole screen. It would be of course interesting if it is possible to add rotation extrafanart for this button Smile
Thank you very much for the feedback! I am French and therefore I translate on Google and it is not always easy to understand! The pause button appears in the OSD but no stop button, no need in my opinion, just click on the stop button on the remote. The movie logo appears when you pause the movie even during a trailer!!!! For playlists, you can create them from Estuary, you just have to set the "group by" parameter to "predefined" and that the list contains either films or series or albums, the skin will include them automatically. It won't work with artists or songs though! If you could specify what you mean by modifying the blur, I didn't really understand I think due to the translation I received from google!
I understand you!) You are right, yes, sometimes Google is difficult to understand .. Especially when there is such a difference in languages!
In fact, I have two remotes ...) One is Android tv and the second is from the TV. For some reason, pressing the back button on the android tv remote, the movie does not stop but plays in the background. I will try from the second remote a little later) Thank you very much for that what was explained about creating a playlist. I know this) I just thought for some reason that it was possible in the skin itself Smile But no problem!)
(2022-08-21, 19:56)jokero009 Wrote: [ -> ]I understand you!) You are right, yes, sometimes Google is difficult to understand .. Especially when there is such a difference in languages!
In fact, I have two remotes ...) One is Android tv and the second is from the TV. For some reason, pressing the back button on the android tv remote, the movie does not stop but plays in the background. I will try from the second remote a little later) Thank you very much for that what was explained about creating a playlist. I know this) I just thought for some reason that it was possible in the skin itself Smile But no problem!)
About blurring. But for some reason, I noticed that in some films where the picture is quite colorful, the blur on the left remains gray and I'm probably picking on it, so excuse me if that🙏 But I also kind of know that the blur can contain several colors based on the background) And to some extent I am a fan of rich blur😅 But even now I like everything!)
At home I have no problem with the blur, it is uniform throughout the TV so complicated to understand! For the moment we cannot create a playlist on the skin, it is part of the many windows that remain to be coded! I think I understood for the story of the pause, in fact if you pause and then exit the full screen visualization, the film starts again, this is a normal behavior because the OSD is continuously monitored by a window behind plan for the automatic closing of the OSD after a few seconds and for the sequence of episodes, etc. In fact I had to do like that otherwise this window posed a lot of problems. Just click pause on the remote outside of full-screen viewing and the movie will remain paused !
After I checked it again, I saw that the blur works really well! Even very well! Blurring the background really changes evenlySmile Sorry for being picky😅 Excuse me too, maybe I didn't quite understand what you mean.. I'll try to figure out how to navigate the OSD now.
I tried with the TV remote (where there are many more buttons) And everything works fine Smile Pause / Stop. Now with this problems there is notSmile
Love the skin Is there an option to enable and disable the time on the homescreen? gracias...😊😊😊😊
wow, a great skin ! thank you so much.
i have a suggest : can you add a dialog for download subtitles of movies?
i feel happy with your skin Wink
Very great skin. Different but very nice and easy to control.
Thanks a lot for sharing.

My only request for now would be a stop button in the OSD.
​​​​​​I have a Nvidia Shield and that remote has no stop button.

I hope you would consider this.
Thanks
(2022-08-22, 10:47)Aaiemron Wrote: [ -> ]My only request for now would be a stop button in the OSD.
Question,  I use an Apple TV with Siri remote that also has no physical stop button.  The menu button is multifunctional depending on what you're performing.  When video is playing, pressing Menu stops playback and returns you to the previous screen.  When scrolling through your library, pressing the Menu button is the equivalent of going back to the previous screen.  This behaviour is consistent with other media apps like Plex. Emby, Infuse, Youtube, Netflix.  Does the home button on NVidia shield remote not do something similar?
(2022-08-22, 11:07)Kokonutcreme Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-08-22, 10:47)Aaiemron Wrote: [ -> ]My only request for now would be a stop button in the OSD.
Question,  I use an Apple TV with Siri remote that also has no physical stop button.  The menu button is multifunctional depending on what you're performing.  When video is playing, pressing Menu stops playback and returns you to the previous screen.  When scrolling through your library, pressing the Menu button is the equivalent of going back to the previous screen.  This behaviour is consistent with other media apps like Plex. Emby, Infuse, Youtube, Netflix.  Does the home button on NVidia shield remote not do something similar?
Pressing the home button,  just brings up the OSD on a Shield.
The only possibility then is pressing the pause button.
After pressing back the movie is playing again. So in that case you can't go back to the homescreen
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17