Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows XP with IR Server Suite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Where i can find this option "Hold to repeat" Huh
Any chance someone could put together a step by step on how to start xbmc with the remote using Translator (available in IR Server Suite).Wink
Gday, i am new here.
I have just set up an old dell with xp running Xbmc works ok but have major problem trying to get a remote to work. I am trying to get a jaycar mce remote to work with the above instrution but still no go. so i give up on that remote.
will the above instrution work with Rock remote? it should be RC6 compliant but it is addvertised as a vista remote.
any help to get a remote to work would be great.
I just installed this. Whether I launch "XBMC.exe" or "start xbmc with MCE remote support.cmd" it won't run because of this:

Quote:Runtime error!

C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I had to install the latest XBMC build. Going to look for another remote solution.
I'm trying to get my MCE remote working under XP. I downloaded the files from the OP, but even when I point to them, Windows says it can't install the device because the necessary software could not be found. My remote shows under 'Other devices' in device manager and is listed as 'eHome Infrared Transceiver'. I tried pointing it to each of the drivers that came in the download from the OP, but I get the same message on each one. On the back my remote says 'RC6' and that's what this thread is supposed to be for so I'k a little lost here.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?
Can anyone help with this. I have tried everything I can find on the net including some sort of replacement driver and nothing will get this remote working. I can't believe this is such a major issue. Can anyone who got one working under XP Pro (non-mce) help me out here?
thanks this guide is working for me in Vista Ultimate 64 and mce controll
download link doesnt work anyone has a working link?
neither http://www2.vhl.tudelft.nl/~rloggen/xbmc...TA%201.zip

or the update link works
I also checked this OP's link out and it's now dead.

It really surprises me that the admin of this website, can't even be bothered making something so important a "sticky" and having a perm-link to such an important file.

I have searched for a few hours yesterday, and there's not even any direct links to something so fundemental to xbmc ( the remote control for it )

For me, the remote and software, and having people find it easily would be paramount to me.
Zippo2009 Wrote:I also checked this OP's link out and it's now dead.

It really surprises me that the admin of this website, can't even be bothered making something so important a "sticky" and having a perm-link to such an important file.

I have searched for a few hours yesterday, and there's not even any direct links to something so fundemental to xbmc ( the remote control for it )

For me, the remote and software, and having people find it easily would be paramount to me.

The actual remote stickies are here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38585 and you get the latest version of IR Server suite here: http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mce-re...lugin-165/

The admins have done a great job setting up every possible bit of information for nearly every possible setup.... For Free.
I just installed the mediaportal software, but it didn't fix the MS remote control fuctions , nothing is new..... was this software supposed to make all the MS media center remote control buttons all work ?

for example, "volume" up and down still doesn work with this software now installed Huh

AzzX Wrote:The actual remote stickies are here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38585 and you get the latest version of IR Server suite here: http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mce-re...lugin-165/

The admins have done a great job setting up every possible bit of information for nearly every possible setup.... For Free.
idioteque:
I am new to XBMC and really like what I see. Would appreciate it even more if I could get a remote to work with it. I am following your information on getting a remote to work, but you say to download files.......your link does not work. Can you set it up or point me to an area where I may download the needed files?

Thanks for all your help.
IDIOTEQUE,
none of the link have you posted are working
IDIOTEQUE,

What version of xbmc are you running?
Guys, this thread was started almost a year ago. Just install IRSS, open up the irss configuration and check off mce remote in both columns, and all your buttons will be working.

If you want to customize it further, there's an application included that will tell you what the code is for each button when you press it. Open up the irssmap.xml, and set the button and code
eg) <star>31787</star>
Then in your keymap.xml, set the star button to whatever function you want it to have
eg) <fullscreen>star</fullscreen>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7