Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi loading add-ons incredibly slowly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(2022-09-21, 18:43)Mangax Wrote: [ -> ]what is going on ? why is still broke...?
Unfortunately we can't control what MS does.
Ok.. Probably just a useless comment here, but the Xbox is not broken.  They just updated everything to the newest additions .  It is now up to the kodi devs to rewrite the code to match the OS updates. But unfortunately it appears that kodi does not have the devs needed at the moment.  Everyone just has to be patient and wait for a kodi update.  And by the way, kodi still works, your just have to wait 5 minutes between menu changes.
I use autruns to stop pretty much everything from running at startup. It helps a bit but it's no miracle cure...
(2022-09-21, 20:43)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-09-21, 18:43)Mangax Wrote: [ -> ]what is going on ? why is still broke...?
Unfortunately we can't control what MS does.

Isn't there a donation page or anything that we can do, so you can hire devs to work on Kodi for Xbox?
For those willing to get or already have dev mode set up, my old 19.2 instance doesn’t seem to be affected by the slowness plaguing my 19.4 retail instance. Plexkodiconnect launches within 5 sec on dev mode while retail mode takes minutes
So do you figure the difference is dev mode or 19.2 vs 19.4?
Im assuming dev mode
Does anyone know if Kodi 20 Beta is having the same problem?
@mason1171, could you install 19.4 in dev mode and see if has issues?
3 months this has been ongoing. Joke setup you lot at Kodi
(2022-10-02, 15:45)Meese77 Wrote: [ -> ]3 months this has been ongoing. Joke setup you lot at Kodi

Our "setup" comprises of a group of volunteer developers who donate their time and expertise for FREE and our Kodi software is provided to you for FREE.

We currently lack dedicated developers to tackle the issues with the Xbox version of our software. 

Quite frankly, self-entitled non-constructive comments such as yours go a long way to keeping things just the way they are. Why should people dedicate their time and hard work after doing a full day at a paid job when they are not appreciated?

If Kodi isn't working for you and you can't help with a solution then perhaps look for another project that provides the service you want. If that project requires you to make some sort of purchase then you will be fully entitled to complain if and when it does not meet the standards you are paying for.
Has anyone tried doing a factory reset after unplugging you internet? Then when it reboots, turn off auto updates for system. Then reconnect your internet. I haven't tried it yet but am ready to. I recently started archiving the osu1 offline os updates but I need the 6gig osu1.zip for july 2022 to roll xbox one back to the safe point before it broke Kodi.
(2022-10-03, 00:16)Etrigan Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone tried doing a factory reset after unplugging you internet? Then when it reboots, turn off auto updates for system. Then reconnect your internet. I haven't tried it yet but am ready to. I recently started archiving the osu1 offline os updates but I need the 6gig osu1.zip for july 2022 to roll xbox one back to the safe point before it broke Kodi.

I think once you reconnect to the internet, it'll mandate you update, even without auto-updating on.  I preemptively shut off auto-updating once I realized it would break Kodi, but eventually it got pushed from optional to mandatory.  Once that happened, these were my only options: 

Well that sucks.  I guess only other option is to block os update ip address in my router and see what happens.
You're not in Dev mode right?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10