Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi loading add-ons incredibly slowly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(2022-10-23, 22:10)spcljense Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't fix anything.
What i did was upload the nightly build to my Microsoft Partner Center workspace as an private app and submitted it to the MS Store.
Within the Edge Browser i then clicked the ms-windows-store:// protocol link to my private app which then opens the Microsoft Store.

The build with the latest fix works perfectly fine.
Better yet it's faster then before Microsoft's OS Update.

Now just wait for the Matrix 19.5 release.
(2022-10-25, 16:20)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
What i did was upload the nightly build to my Microsoft Partner Center workspace as an private app and submitted it to the MS Store.
Within the Edge Browser i then clicked the ms-windows-store:// protocol link to my private app which then opens the Microsoft Store.

tried that already bro, but dunno how I can do that :/
Not saying you can do it; just that that is how other people are running apps in non-dev mode.
(2022-10-25, 17:43)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Not saying you can do it; just that that is how other people are running apps in non-dev mode.

okay okay, anyway thanks for helping Smile

Hello Smile

Can I ask you if itd hard to do it that way? I tried it by myself but cant add the kodi url for grabbing the .msix file :/

Thanks alot in advance and have a nice one Wink
Are you even a Microsoft Partner?
Looking forward to the fix appreciate the hard work!
Quote:I didn't fix anything.

Did you change the AppManifest?
Bro,

Its on the same page where you must activate your dev account

aka.ms/activatexbox

You can create new app fill in everything and you'll get app identify credentials.
Don't forget to set the app to private and cost to free
download your msix and on windows 10 from the store download msix package editor.

right click on your msix and change the app name publisher name and everything to your app credentials and save the msix package then @ aka.ms/activatexbox

go to the apps & games tab in the top left
click your created app and click on packages.
upload your package and click save/submit to the store.

after microsoft did a certification check and the app passed you can go on your xbox edge browser to aka.ms/activatexbox

apps & games again top left corner, then click on your app and on the left product identity

scroll a bit down and click the store protocol link and allow edge to open the link with microsoft store.

here you can download your app.

If you can't figure it out google is your friend.
Ow and add your acc to the private user list who can acces the app to make it visible and downloadable from the store. Its a bit of work to set it up right for the first time but after that you can just edit the msix and change app name etc change version to a higher one and upload save and submit to store to get a newer build up.
Quote:right click on your msix and change the app name publisher name and everything to your app credentials and save the msix package then @ aka.ms/activatexbox

Thanks man, that part was new to me.

Works indeed.
As Xbox seems to be a platform prone to things breaking it would be good if someone could document (with screenshots) this method of utilising MS Store to load a private app. We could then pin it to top of forum and refer people to it anytime we have a build that needs testing.
BELOW METHOD (sideload) for testing purpose only. if conflicted with the legal right of KODI, should delete immediately.

1. First of all, a DEV account should be available for your microsoft account, reference link as How to Put Your Xbox Series X or S into Developer Mode (howtogeek.com)
2. Partner Center (microsoft.com), + new product, create the brilliant name of your project and from 'Product identity', you can get the Package/Identity/Name, Package/Identity/Publisher, Package/Properties/PublisherDisplayName
3. Installed the MSIX packaging tool from MS store and installed the driver from the optional function of application in WINDOWS.
4. Opened msxi files via packaging tool, changing the Package/Identity/Name, Package/Identity/Publisher, Package/Properties/PublisherDisplayName as indicatation in Step No.2, (Application name same as your project name). Save.
5. Return to Application overview, completed all six items of Submission, like Pricing and availability, Properties etc. section requirement refers to official documents as Create an app submission for your app - Windows apps | Microsoft Learn
    Note:
    AA. Pricing and availability, set the app to private and cost to free
    BB. when filling 'Pricing and availability', create a group to add your own MS account for authorize yourself to download app via link. 
    CC. Store listings, completed by editing exported csv files
    DD. any error needed to be corrected, red word would be indicated, corrected or completed as documents.
6. If all passed (Status GREEN), submit to store and waiting for MS certification. The certification step usually takes a few hours, but in some cases can take up to three business days.
7. Downloads the app via the link in 'Product identity' if app successful certificated by MS.

If private app created by KODI official, it could be under control to authorize the test member by adding the MS account when BB in item
(2022-10-26, 21:07)spcljense Wrote: [ -> ]Bro,

Its on the same page where you must activate your dev account

aka.ms/activatexbox

You can create new app fill in everything and you'll get app identify credentials.
Don't forget to set the app to private and cost to free
download your msix and on windows 10 from the store download msix package editor.

right click on your msix and change the app name publisher name and everything to your app credentials and save the msix package then @ aka.ms/activatexbox

go to the apps & games tab in the top left
click your created app and click on packages.
upload your package and click save/submit to the store.

after microsoft did a certification check and the app passed you can go on your xbox edge browser to aka.ms/activatexbox

apps & games again top left corner, then click on your app and on the left product identity

scroll a bit down and click the store protocol link and allow edge to open the link with microsoft store.

here you can download your app.

If you can't figure it out google is your friend.
thanks a lot for your kind instruction, Just submit a dev version for testing.

Now is available in the link. (3 hours for MS certification)
Great work putting these instructions together. If I had a desktop PC I'd be definitely making use of them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10