Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi loading add-ons incredibly slowly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
https://paste.kodi.tv/ijucuxezuw

I made a thread previously asking how to do a fresh install on Xbox; I resolved that issue but the slow responsiveness of Kodi remains.  

Curiously, Kodi is perfectly responsive moving through the native skin's menu screens, and when playing videos (including 30gb remux files), but takes ages to open add-ons, or to navigate the menu pages therein.  

I've included a debug log, and here's a short video clip demonstrating the (lack of) responsiveness in case that's not evident from the log: https://streamable.com/24wxv8
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.

plugin.program.openwizard
@Hitcher I only have that add-on because the log uploader in the official Kodi repo didn't work for me. Is there a different add-on I can use to upload the log file?
@Hitcher edited with new, clean logfile
Seems like I'm not the only one experiencing the problem.

Comments from around the web from other xbox users (many are from when the release went live for Xbox insiders):

"The issue is with an Xbox update that broke kodi. It’s not an issue with any addons, but you will notice the speed drop more with addons. If you are part of the Xbox insiders and have “preview updates” on, you can disable these with the insider hub and revert your Xbox to a version that is still working with kodi. This is what I did a week ago when I noticed this Xbox update broke kodi. Although I’m not sure if this is an issue that should be reported to microsoft or kodi devs, so I’ve not filed a report anywhere.
Edit: I just wanted to add, if you don’t have insider hub and you are seeing these issues, it means the update is now live on Xbox for everyone, and your machine auto-updated to it. No way to revert the update at that point. However if you do have the insider app and can roll-back, I’d recommend disabling auto system updates afterwards so you have a bit more time with kodi until a fix is found."

"Having the same issue, noticed it after the delta insider update. I also did a fresh start( The issue was the same). I Uninstalled rebooted the xbox tried reinstalling and it failed on the first attempt. Tried installing again and it was successfully installed but had all my zips in file manager etc and the speed is the same (slow)"

"Addons taking too long to load menus

Any idea what can be causing this, about a month ago it was running perfectly fine and nothing has changed in regards to my connection quality.
There was an update to run which I did and nothing changed.
After a long while it will eventually load whatever I've selected to watch but it's a good few minutes"

"My series x is doing the same thing, clicking on a menu takes like 2 mins to bring up the next menu.. it worked fine like 2 weeks ago , pls lemme know if you get it working, i tried clearing cache but it did nothing"

"Same thing here! Xbox preview alpha. Tried resetting xbox but no go with kodi. I bought chromecast with google tv and not going to install kodi on Xbox any more Big Grin"
Can also report the same on multiple xbox units, only beginning in the past week or so
(2022-09-02, 13:05)horseman3gb Wrote: [ -> ]Can also report the same on multiple xbox units, only beginning in the past week or so

Are you an Xbox Insider? I remembered I was, unenrolled from insider, and reinstalled Kodi. Now the app is responsive.
(2022-09-06, 00:15)ntilikp Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-09-02, 13:05)horseman3gb Wrote: [ -> ]Can also report the same on multiple xbox units, only beginning in the past week or so

Are you an Xbox Insider? I remembered I was, unenrolled from insider, and reinstalled Kodi. Now the app is responsive.

Doesn't matter anymore. The update went live for everyone. My kodi is slow as hell now too
Same here, not in insiders, updated my wife and I's two Series X. Kodi is unplayable now. Nothing will start..
Same on my Series X. Pressing play takes ages. But eventually it works.
(2022-09-07, 22:38)tutu Wrote: [ -> ]Same on my Series X. Pressing play takes ages. But eventually it works.

About how long does it take? I tried running the Kayo (Australian subscription sports streaming service) add-on and got sick of waiting for the circle to stop spinning.

Anyway, I can confirm that the update has obviously gone out to the wider Xbox community (I'm not on the Insider ring) and has crippled Kodi for me as a result.
I don't have any add-ons to speak of, but I have noticed that when I update my library it now takes minutes instead of seconds to complete. Playing videos and music and moving around the interface is still the same as before though.

Is this likely to be because of the same issue?
I have the same issues, Kodi was working flawlessly until I decided to update my Xbox Series X and bam, nothing is working now, it is slow as hell to load anything and I've reset my Xbox twice now thinking it was Kodi, but nope, and since there was no Kodi update I came searching on the web and found this, It really sucks, I guess the Kodi team have to release an update to fix the issue and make it compatible with the new Xbox firmware.
Kodi on Xbox Series X here.
My Xbox received the last OS update September 9 2022 at 4:00 AM (i'm on official Microsoft release build - no beta version).
Kodi 19.4 Matrix latest store version installed.

No problem here.
Kodi run smooth, no change noticed.
I checked if there is a new OS update this afternoon, no.. im on the latest version (installed this morning).
My Xbox OS version = 10.0.22621.1836
(2022-09-09, 20:57)Chicopower Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi on Xbox Series X here.
My Xbox received the last OS update September 9 2022 at 4:00 AM (i'm on official Microsoft release build - no beta version).
Kodi 19.4 Matrix latest store version installed.

No problem here.
Kodi run smooth, no change noticed.
I checked if there is a new OS update this afternoon, no.. im on the latest version (installed this morning).
My Xbox OS version = 10.0.22621.1836

Not gonna lie I would love to see a video of you opening an addon. Even kodi logfile uploader takes ages to open. Navigating kodi is fine and normal i.e. Anything kodi already provides such as settings, file manager, media, interface. Those things load instantly but any addons takes forever
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10