Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Skin or other modification to use kodi as kid's music player? [RPi4 with touchscreen]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to use my Raspberry Pi 4B with a 5" touchscreen display as a music player for my kids. However, everything is displayed rather small and there is superfluous menu entries that distract them from what matters to them. Is there maybe a skin that replicates this or any other modification that could achieve the following?
  • Larger menu and/or album cover entries fit for a 800x480 display?
  • Simply show an arbitrary number of categories (here: music & audiobooks) and then go straight to the artists/albums?
  • Settings menu/power off button is hidden somehow? (they like to break things unintentionally...)
Currently I am using the standard Estuary/Estouchy skin, which has some menu entries removed (video, weather, etc.) and starts right into the music section but I think that the UX for the children can be improved somehow. Is it possible to directly start into a specific node? (Genre in this case, to quickly switch between audiobooks and music)

Thanks!
I'm moving this to feature requests, as this is the place that developers look for ideas and features to add to Kodi. I do recall there was an effort to establish a skin for automobiles that might have a lot of the resizing work accomplished. In the distant past there has been touch screens that did accomplish a lot of what you want, but have since been unsupported. Check this skin out (reported for visually challenged)
Thanks for moving the thread to the correct location, I will try my luck with the Jade skin.