Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi detects my Full HD tv as a HD ready
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!
Kodi detects my Full HD tv as a HD ready: 1280x720. Tv is TCL - 32ES570F and is 1920 x 1080.
Why is that?
Probably restricted by the OS.
(2022-09-13, 22:27)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Probably restricted by the OS.

But why? In fact, the other tv is 4K and detect it as 1080....
You keep asking why but have not supplied any information to allow for at least an educated guess about what is going on.

What Kodi version are you using?

What platform / device are you using (ie are you connecting to the set via HDMI) or is it an Android OS TV and you have installed Kodi directly on it?

How about posting a link to a Debug Log which will show us everything that's going on?

OS restriction is a good shout but nobody will know for sure until you provide more details.
Kodi v19.3
tv TCL - 32ES570F with build in Android 9
screenshot with some specs of the OS:
https://i.ibb.co/BC9TNdS/IMG-20220914-171017.jpg

I dont know how to provide a Debug Log from an Android OS TV.
(2022-09-14, 16:16)pstoev Wrote: [ -> ]I dont know how to provide a Debug Log from an Android OS TV.

You can also install the Kodi Log Uploader add-on.
Enable debugging in Kodi, then restart Kodi, and then provide the log file.
There's a good chance that what you are seeing is the GUI resolution, as Android TV devices will often restrict this to 1080p or lower depending on the capabilities of the SoC used, however video playblack is normally handled by a seperate VPU which will give the full resolution. So you need to actually something with 1080p resultion and see what Kodi reports in the debug log.